@heyfamitsalex

Three weeks. Three weeks to get across the county in time is a crazy short amount of time to be able to get there. I can't allow this to go on without seeing him alive at least once. It was about three in the morning when we left, so the sun was rising at this point.
Bridge and I had lowered the windows and the cold morning air of April were blowing inside.
I had to get to Anthony. We had to drive as far as we could in each day or even night....
It was silent in the car, Leo looking put the window, Bridge with her ear buds in, Madeline back to sleep; cuddled into her blanket, and me. My heart racing and my bit soar from biting so much.
As I drove, chewing my lip, my phone began to buzz loudly. I glanced down to see who it was and saw it was Anthony.
"Anthony!" I jerked my hands off the wheel to grab the phone simultaneously with Bridget who grabbed the wheel so they wouldn't drive off the road.
"Alex! Put your hands on the damn wheel!" She yanked the phone away from me and I pouted my lip at her before going back to driving while she answered.
"Hello?" She said into the phone. There was a pause before she laughed softly.
"No, this is Bridget. One of Alex's friends. Currently Alex has both hands on the wheel," she said harshly as she looked over at me. There was an even longer pause now.
"What's he saying?" I asked impatiently but all she did was put up a finger up to shush me.
"Okay," she continued. "Well, we are on our way to come see you," There was another long pause and she smiled.
"Stay strong Anthony, we'll see you soon. Bye," she pulled the phone away from her ear and ended the call. We drove for a minute without saying anything.
"Well?" I asked. She sighed and tightened her ponytail.
"He just got out of testing, he says that they are giving him medication and he may have to do more testing. He says he loves you," she was obviously withholding information, but I would call him tonight to fill in the blanks. I bit my lip, feeling my eyes begin to get watery and I began to blink rapidly to avoid crying in front of Bridge. I could feel her staring at me and I began to breath harder, and flinched when she touched my shoulder.
"I'm sorry," I shrugged her hand off and took a deep breath and continued to drive slowly down the empty high way. I watched in the corner of my eye Bridge turn away and place her ear buds bad into her ears.
I tried hard not to cry, but a few tears dripped down my face and I quickly tried to dry them before anyone said something.
"I love you too..." I whispered, my voice hiccuping.