Chapter 16 (KYLE)

Two days passed and Kyle stopped counting the days that he needed to wait for him to prove that he is worthy for Maica. Even when he saw Maica and Yves doing those kinds of things, Kyle couldn't blame Maica.  It has to be Yves's fault, Kyle knew it. Maica would never do such a thing.

     It was Values class once again and Sir Alex was just discussing about equality. Everyone deserves equality, you don't discriminate people because it hurts them.  But what if they discriminate you because they don't love you? Kyle thought it was a different question in a different situation.

    Kyle went alone for almost a week. He read books in the library for a week, he even finished a novel in a day and he hasn't spoke to anyone ever since. Dismissal time came and when Kyle got home, he kept looking at Maica's wall in Facebook and he kept on looking at her photos.

     God, I miss her. Kyle thought.

     Kyle couldn't even think of anything to get her back. He kept on thinking about Yves and Maica hooking up but Kyle just got angrier when he did. So he avoided thinking about it as much as possible. He slept through the night and he had empty dreams.

      Kyle woke up and took a bath, changed to his uniform, ate breakfast and brushed his teeth. He was glad because his mom wasn't home and she left food for Kyle. Lance wasn't at home either and Kyle thought that Lance might be drunk last night and he needed rest.

     Kyle didn't ride his bike because he might slip, it happened a few days back when he was thinking about his life. He often does this in times when he is sad since he was a kid. It gave him a peace of mind but it can cause accidents at times. But when it happens, surely it's just a scrape. Kyle doesn't go biking on the roads when he's just finding a peace of mind. He regularly bikes on the poultry farm or at the cemetery.

     Kyle rode a jeep to school and when he got inside, he saw Jeral. Kyle sat right across from Jeral.

     "Oh hey Kyle, long time no see."

     "Hey." Kyle sounded so emotionless.

     "Your friends are getting worried about you, you know."

     "I'll say sorry to them, I want to end this miserable life."

     "You don't have to commit suicide to end your problems." Jeral said.

     What's with Jeral? He's being nice? That's new, Kyle thought.

     "I don't plan on doing that." Kyle gazed on the horizon and the jeep ignited its engine and accelerated to Baliuag.

     Jeral kept his mouth shut since he knew that Kyle wasn't still in the mood to go talking with other people. Raiden was saying that Kyle isn't in his right mind now. He needed time to think. But, time's getting longer and longer, and Kyle's condition is just getting worse everyday.

     When they reached the junction, Kyle and Jeral went out of the jeep and used the tricycle all the way to school.

     When Kyle finally got to school, tarpaulins are posted everywhere in the walls. It was already September and event was coming up. They were planning on doing charity work. Your values teacher will give you further details about this event.

     When Kyle arrived near the quadrangle, it was flag racing time. He came on time and fell in line. Behind Kyle was Jey.

     "Hey Kyle, what's up?" Jey greeted.

     "The Ceiling."

     Jey frowned and shut his mouth up.

     When flag ceremony was done, it was Values class now. Sir Alex will now give the students more information regarding the charity event.