Chapter 17 (MAICA)

Maica can't believe that she found the courage to talk to Kyle once again. He's changed, he teases a lot now, he's even more quiet than before, he's totally changed. But, the way Maica sees him before, never changed. She still likes him and she even prayed that one day, she can fix everything. Maybe that day is about to come.

It's already Saturday, they were planning to go to SM Baliwag just to hangout and do some fun, especially, watch a movie. It's a girls' day out! They had an agreement to meet in Jollibee Junction then Maica's gonna pick them up.

"Someone found the courage." Mae said as she started to tease Maica when she got inside the car on the passenger seat, Sadie hopped in as well at the back seat.

Maica remembered the day when the teacher asked the students what they don't want to lose. Kyle answered, courage.

"I don't even know what's going on with his mind." Maica said.

"Because, that's how the world words. Opposite genders, most of the time, can't predict the minds of each other. Unless, two opposite genders have been together for a long time. This is why boys say that girls are complicated." Sadie said.

"And where'd you learn that?" Maica asked.

"From Cyrus."

Maica and Mae exchanged looks and looked at Sadie.

"And it's not what you think it is. Besides, Cyrus likes a different girl." Sadie said.

"Come to think of it, we never knew who Cyrus likes." Maica said.

"It's a mystery that can't be solved, or should I say, hard to solve. He doesn't look like he's dating someone, or making moves or whatever." Mae said.

"Cyrus is not the topic here, remember?" Sadie interrupted.

"Oh yeah, it's Kyle! So Maica, how'd it go with Kyle?" Mae asked.

Maica thought about it and she remembered that, tomorrow would be the day that she and Kyle are going to Everway orphanage. They were going to donate stuff for the children who are in need. Maica was planning on fixing everything there. She did the initiative yesterday, and she knew that failing was not an option tomorrow.

"Well, we're friends." Maica said.

"Just friends? Tell me the whole story." Sadie said.

"I told him that I wanted to be friends with him because, we were going to an orphanage, giving goods and stuff, All I want is that, I don't want things to become awkward between us." Maica said.

"You knom, stuff like that isn't just easy to fix. Especially, awkwardness. It would take almost a year!" Mae said.

"Yeah! For example, I haven't talked to Grey ever since, even Isabella." Sadie said.

Sadie has already moved on but the awkwardness hasn't really vanished since the day she learned that Grey was cheating on her. However, she never knew the truth about who was the first girl he dated? Sadie or Isabella?

"C'mon let's watch a movie." Maica said as she parked her car on the parking lot.

Mae and Sadie didn't realize instantly that they were in SM already. They were talking about a lot of topics, they forgot to notice the outside world. All of them unloaded the car and went to the entrance and looked at the list of showing movies today.

"So what do you want to watch?" Maica asked.

"Anything!" Sadie said.

"How about, Kita-kita!" Mae pointed at the lower part of the list.