■~2~■

Henry's POV-

The first thing I wanted to do when I got home was go to my room. For the last few days my parents had been arguing and I didn't want to be here when my dad got home and asked why wasn't ready. Shit starts flying after that. On the way to my room I noticed Piper lounging on the couch in the living room.

"Hey Henry,"

She was fanning her chubby face with my mom's credit card in one hand and her phone in the other. She pursed her lips, stuck her tongue out, and grinned. I paused at the foot of the stairs and turned around. Hold up.

"Piper, what are you doing with that?"

I asked my little sister, crossing my arms and pointing at the card between her sticky fingers.

"Oh, this?"

Piper waves the credit card at me and smiles.

"Mom said I could hold it for her at the grocery store."

She held the card up and took a selfie of herself. I rolled my eyes. This kid. 

"Why do you still have it?"

She shrugged and put her phone down on a throw pillow to dig her hand into a massive bowel of popcorn on the coffee table.

"I may have said I got my own credit card on Snapchat and now Tana Moskowitz and Amy Grainhall wanna see it."

She carefully admitted, popping all the kernels into her mouth.

"Piper."

I hung my head a pinched the bridge of my nose. I ca already feel a head ache and she's not even my child. Having her for a sister as enough.

"What? I was only borrowing it and mom hasn't even noticed it yet."

Piper flipped her hair over her shoulder and shrugged again as if this wasn't such a big deal. The reason my mom hasn't noticed is probably because for the last 3 days she's been giving my dad the silent treatment.

"At least make sure she gets her card back you little thief."

I said, before jogging up the stairs to my room. I closed my door and threw my backpack on the small gray couch in the corner. I had this weird feeling sitting in the pit of my stomach. As if I hadn't eaten too much today. Maybe I was getting sick, I chuckled at myself. Me? Sick? It's been a long ass time since that's happened. Maybe it was because of that girl I met earlier. When I was near her I felt nervous, like she was too pretty for me to talk to her. 

I saw her in school a few times today, but I didn't talk to her. She must be new at Swell View High. If she wasn't, I have horrible eyesight for not noticing her sooner. She was incredibly pretty, like one of those hidden super models they find in treacherous places like Kentucky and Arkansas. There was a lot of fire and in those dark brown eyes. Even though she was deaf, something about her made me feel like I was doing shit all wrong. And she had a smile that could replace the warmth of the sun.

I felt kind of bad for yelling at her, I'm going to hell for that. I changed out of my school clothes and got ready to head to work at Junk and stuff. As I was leaving out the front door again, my watch started beeping.

"What's up Ray?"

I flipped the top open and watched Ray's hologram image hover over the face of my watch.

"Henry, I'm gonna need you to go save some girl who managed to fall down a steep ditch on the side of the road over on Waverly Street. She hasn't called for any help but our satellites picked up on her. Get over there fast, got it?

"Got it, I'm on my way."

I snapped my watch closed, grabbed my jacket and dashed out of my room taking the stairs by two, flying out of the front door. 

💕 Thanks for reading!💕

If you would like to see more leave a Comment, Vote, and check out the next chapter! 💋💋💋