■~16~■

Henry's POV-

"Ray, we've been working on this thing for hours now... It's just not happening."

I sighed, shaking my head.

Ray and I are down in the Mancave trying to put back together an old invention of Shwoze's that was something like a time machine, but so far... Nothing has worked.

"Come on, kid... We can't give up now, If we get this time machine up and running again do you know how many more lives we can save from being destroyed? This would practically make the world perfect.

Ray opened the main fault Gage of the machine and messed around with things in there.

"Maybe the world doesn't need to be perfect."

I turned away flipping a screw driver in my hand before placing it on the tray beside the machine.

"Besides, isn't messing with the future and the past some kind of illegal time travelling law?"

I stood by and watched Ray fiddling with the machine.

Ray shook his head, focusing hard on a bunch of wires corroded at the bottom of the placer panels.

"Not if you do it the right way Hen, trust me. Even though Captain Man and Kid Danger are experts at saving people... If we can go back and redo some things we did wrong we can change the future."

I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly my point."

I was about to head downstairs in the elevator when my friend, Jasper rushed out of it, breathing hard.

"Henry! You left your phone upstairs, there's some girl that's been texting you a bunch of times and I think it's pretty serious."

"Charlotte?!"

I swiped my phone from Jasper to read my texts.

I had nearly 15 messages from her.

"How come you didn't say anything before!"

I yelled at him.

"I was in the bathroom, chill out."

Jasper tried to get his breath back.

"And who's Charlotte anyway?"

He asked. I don't really have time for this.

I looked down at my phone and tried to concentrate. My hands were shaking.

"Calm down kid, I'm sure everything is fine."

Ray chuckled.

He doesn't know that I'm hiding Charlotte from her foster mom at my house.

"She probably wants to teach you more 'sign language'."

Ray winked at me and chuckled.

But I got a sick feeling in my stomach, this was definitely not something like that.

Char🙉❤🙊: Henry! Please call 911 somebody has broken into into your house!!!

Char🙉❤🙊: Please answer me! I don't know what to do! I'm really scared!

Char🙉❤🙊: Henry! please help me I'm begging you!

My heart was sinking to the bottom of my chest, this was no joke.

"I gotta go!"

I said, grabbing my container of gum balls. Ray looked over at me and squinted.