Chapter Hive (Five)

Nell's POV

"We're done, Eve! I knew I should have stayed in Scotland with Fiona!" Shrek shouted as he stormed out of the restaurant.

"Should I go and talk to him?" Jake asked me.

"Nah. I never liked him that much anyway. The movies started getting boring after Shrek 3." I replied. Jake nodded in agreement and laughed, despite himself.

Eve started sobbing.

"Are you okay, Eve?" Molly asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It's just-he just slipped away so easily, like a green ice cream out of a cone." She said, while wiping her eyes.

Mia gave her a quick hug before turning to stare at Josh again.

Our meals came, and Eve barely touched hers. Finally she stood up.

"I think I'm gonna go back to the hotel." She announced. starting to walk.

"Eve, wait!" I called after her. She turned around.

"Yes?" She said, her eyes red and puffy still.

"We're splitting the bill, remember. Pay up." I said.

"She placed a twenty dollar bill on the table, and turned to leave again."

"Wait, one more thing!"

"What?" She said, flustered.

"You need to pay for Shrek!" I reminded. She placed another bill on the table and left.

"That was a little...Insensitive." Renee scolded.

I shrugged. "So was he. He claimed to have 'Layers' but he only had one- annoying."

No one protested.

Five minutes later, Eve came back to the restaurant, with a tall man with brown hair.

"Guys, this is Dan. He's a Youtuber. Is it okay if he joins us for dinner?" She asked. We all nodded in unison. Later, when we were leaving, I heard Eve whispering.

"Maybe tomorrow, we can go to dinner..Just us."

That was an eight year relationship with Shrek. Eve seemed to get over him in eight minutes.