Chappy 15- The big day

Today's the day.

She's coming home, she asked for Alan to take her home and I'm not going to act like that didn't hurt like a bitch.

But no bad thoughts out, I thought as I picked up Nala.

'this has to go well Nala' I murmured into her fur and I held the fat lump of ginger pelt to my chest, swaying slightly as if rocking a child.

She began to squirm so I set her down and she sat and cleaned herself as If I had covered her in germs, once she felt she was sufficiently clean she wondered to the kitchen and mewed profusely until I got up and followed her.

As I trotted round the kitchen sorting out some food for Nala I found myself singing.

'she is everything to me

The unrequited dream

A song that no one sings

The unattainable, she's a myth that I have to believe in

All I need is one more reason

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do when she makes me sad'

I heard a small cough near the doorway and whipped around almost slipping on the hard flooring.

Lex was stood there, her blonde bob slightly grown out due to being in hospital, but her eyes still shone in the morning sun, she was dressed simply in a green vest top and shorts showing off her tats, her green eyes felt like they were looking into my soul and I realised I still hadn't said anything.

"hey there pretty girly" I said without thinking. 'whoa there Matt slow down you can do this you've done it before'

She blushed and a small smile played on her lips. "hey" she muttered

"so then ma'am where do you want to go today?" I said extending my arm out, her frail arm met mine and I realised just how much hospital had taken out of her.

"I'm not sure" she laughed as I picked her up and spun her round giggling.

"come along now it's only me you don't remember" I said as I set her down on the counter and her face darkened "t-that wasn't a jab at you!" I quickly blurted out

"I don't like it just as much as you don't, you don't get what it's like to know I have all these amazing memories with an amazing girl and I can't even remember her" lex then burst into tears.

"no no Jesus no lex this isn't what's meant to happen, I'm meant to make you happy, oh shit I'm so sorry" I sat on the floor with my head in my hands. Nala came and curled onto my lap.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before I heard her move and presuming she was going to find Alan or Austin I stay put thinking I'd done enough damage for one day.

I became aware of a weight on my left shoulder. Lex was leaning on me her head resting on my shoulder and her hand laid casually on my lap. My hand wavered next to hers, I wasn't sure if she wanted me to hold it.

She sighed and got up, 'I'm tired Matt' she said before leaving.