Chapter 11: (PART ONE)

Many years ago...

Everly's POV:

I curled up in a ball in the woods next to my house, hopelessness grasping me with its cold hands. I looked down at myself, examining my black talons and smoky black scales that seemed to reflect a hint of purple in the sunlight. I swept my tail in front of me and studied it as well. I was a girl trapped in the body of a dragon. I wanted to cry. I felt so much like crying, but dragons couldn't cry. Instead, I whimpered and got to my feet moving toward my home. I needed to see my parents. 

"Night Fury attack!" a Viking's shout startled me out of my thoughts. I turned toward the sound of the voice to see a group of Vikings, each with weapons in hand. I whimpered again and shrank away.

I tried to speak. "I'm only trying to see my parents! I'm not dangerous! I'm not even a dragon, I'm just a girl!" my thoughts screamed, but the words never left my mouth. They were trapped there, the barrier of communication a wall between the dragon I now was and the rest of the world.

One of them swung their axe at me and I let out the equivalent of a shriek, ducking and swiping my tail at him, knocking him and the Vikings beside him down. I ran into the woods as fast as my legs would carry my and curled up in a ball again, closing my eyes and willing all of this to just be a bad dream. 

***

Present time...

Emma's POV: 

I looked at Camber for a long moment.  "I need time to think about it. Give me a week."

Camber smirked, but didn't object. "Suit yourself. I'll be back in seven days' time."

With that, he disappeared in a cloud of dark blue smoke.

**Hey, guys. I tried really hard to post a full chapter today, but I just kept getting stuck, so here's a half chapter. Idk if I'm going to post next week or not because I'll be in Florida, and I don't think I can post a contest tomorrow either because 1) I have no more ideas for contests at the moment and 2) Tommorrow is a busy day, I have to pack for Florida and then I have a show (I'm in a play) so yeah. In the meantime if you need something to read, go read Ultimate_Dreamer7 's HTTYD books, they're amazing!***