S01, Ep03

He was already walking towards the elevator of Maine's condominium building when the receptionist called him.

"Sir, saan po sila?" The receptionist asked.

"Kay Maine Mendoza po, ate." He told her. Before the receptionist could reply, the telephone rang.

"Hello?... Yes po, Ms. Maine?... Ah, oo nga po... Sige po... Okay po..." was all that Rj got from slightly eavesdropping with the phone call that the receptionist was having with Maine.

"Akyat na po ako, ate ha." He told the receptionist and was about to walk away when the receptionist called him again.

"Ay, sir. Pinapasabi po ni Ms. Maine na paki-iwan na lang daw yung breakfast na dala niyo para sakanya saka salamat daw po." Ate Receptionist told him. He got confused with what she said.

"Ha? Iaakyat ko na lang ito dun, ate. Okay lang po. Ako na lang po ang magbibigay." He said.

"Sir, ano po kasi... Ayaw po kayong paakyatin ni Ma'am sa unit niya. Kaya iwan niyo na lang daw po yung dala niyo para sakanya dito sa akin." Ate told him. He was getting irritated. He wants, no, needs to talk to Maine. Why is she giving him a hard time???

"Ate, pwede pakitawagan po siya, pakisabi po na aakyat ako. Sige na, ate. Please. Sayo na lang itong isang kape, paakyatin mo lang ako." He begged. He was desperate and he is very much willing to do anything just to get through the lobby.

"Sir, hindi talaga pwede. Sinusunod ko lang po bilin sakin ni Ms. Maine." Ate told him. He kept on bargaining with Ate, offering her the other breakfast that was supposed to be for him. But Ate was tough and wouldn't budge. Not even a bit.

"Sir, sige na ho. Iwan niyo na po yung ibibigay niyo kay Ms. Maine. Promise po, makakarating po yan sakanya. Ako naman po kasi ang mapapahamak kung paaakyatin ko kayo eh sinabi na nga ho ni Ms. Maine na hindi pwede." Ate said, sporting a very irritated and out-of-patience look and then she sighed so deep, Rj almost drowned. (C/N: Jusko ano ba tong mga kagagahan na pinagsasasabi ko dito kaloka hahaha)

Rj gave up, handed over the bag where Maine's breakfast was placed and then he sighed, signaling his defeat. "Osige na nga, Ate. Promise ah. Pagkakuha ni Maine niyan ate pakisabi naman na i-text niya ako o kaya tawagan. Salamat, ate. Promise mo haaaa."

"Oo, sir. Sige po. Sige, promise." And Rj swore that he saw her sigh again before picking up her telephone to call someone. He was so frustrated because he never thought that Maine would have him "banned" from her unit. He didn't even make it past Ate Receptionist.

Rj is not about to give up, though. He woke up early for Maine. He only wakes up early for Maine and he's not gonna give up. So he decided to grab coffee again at the coffee shop across Maine's condo building. He'll just wait for Maine to come out of her building and then he'll offer to drive her to work. In his mind, that was a perfect plan. So he went ahead and crossed the street towards the coffee shop.

Maine was done preparing for work and was just making sure that she has everything that she needs for the day. Since Rj mentioned that he got her breakfast, she didn't cook for herself anymore so she made a mental note to make sure that she won't forget to ask for the breakfast from Ate Receptionist.

"Okay. Phone, home keys, car key, wallet, laptop. Hmmm. Okay. All good. Let's go, self."

She made sure she locked her unit's door and then went to the elevator. Once she was at the lobby, she went to Ate Receptionist.

"Good morning, Ate! Pasensya ka na dun sa lalakeng nangulit kanina ha? Pero thank you kasi di ka nagpadala sa dimples niya." She joked and then laughed. Ate chuckled and said, "Nako Ms. Maine. Grabe. Sobrang mapilit. Saka muntik na ko malunod sa lalim ng dimples niya! Buti na lang slight marupok lang po ako. Hahaha."