twenty four

tylers pov

the first thing i meet when i get home is screaming. i walk into the living room, where the sound is coming from.
-WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU? my dad screams at me as fast as he sees me.
-i was camping, i told you guys last week. i answer, confused expression on my face.
-yeah i told you that he called me. my mom says to my dad, she has a big bruise on her arm. i already know what happened.. i really hate my dad.
-SHUT UP I DIDN'T ASK FOR YOUR OPINION. my dad spits out. my mom looks down, it looks like she's in pain.
-DON'T SCREAM AT MOM! i shout at him.
-YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO! he snaps back.
-WELL I SURE AS HELL CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO YELL AT MOM! a smack suddenly lands on my chin, it's so hard that my head turns to the left side. i look back at him. he has a furious look on his face.
-oh come on dad is that all you got? i ask confidently. i will do anything i can to protect my mother because i sure know that she'll get the shit if i leave now. another smack lands on my chin. it feels like someone just lit a fire on top of my cheek.
-CHRIS! LET HIM BE. my mom exclaims.
-no mom it's okay, i can take it. please don't be near dad right now. i try to calm her down a bit. she walks over to me and whisper a 'thank you' to me while a tear escapes her beautiful eye. she walks up the stairs to calm my siblings down. this is not the first time this happens.
-i was so proud of you, then you decide to be a pussy again. my father spits in my face.
-am i a pussy for protecting my mom? i think you are the pussy here. ever since i was a kid you've hit me and mom-
-you're a disgrace for this family. he cuts me off. a split second later a punch lands on my face, a fall onto the soft carpet. i can feel the heat gather around my eye. this is not gonna look beautiful.
he opens his mouth to say something but there's a knock on the door. i stand up and walk right to the front door. i'm surprised to see jenna standing there.
-what do you want? i spit out. her eyes widened as she saw my face.
-ouch are you okay? or you know what, i don't care. i'm here to get the clothes i have here.
-now is not the right time jenna please leave. i'll get you it tomorrow in school.
-no i want it now. i exclaims as she tries to push me so that she can get in.
-NO JENNA GET OUT. i scream at her. she takes a step back and put her hands up like i'm gonna shot her or something.
-okay mr. aggression problems. don't forget anything tomorrow. she says and leaves.

i walk into the living room again.
-dad, just go live with someone else tonight. no one wants you here. i say as i enter the living room. i'm so tired of his shit.
-if you're so tired of me you can leave yourself. he snaps.
-i am not gonna leave mom and the others here alone with you. i establish. another punch land on my jaw.
-YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO. he screams at me.
-IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT? i scream back as tears leave my eyes heavily. several hits land on my stomach, i fall harshly to the floor but it doesn't stop there. he kicks every inch of my body. everything turns black for a minute.

when i wake up again i'm laying on my bed. i try to sit up but fall right back because of the pain.
-JAY! i call at my brother so that he can help me up and get me some water. after a short while he walks in.
-are you okay? he asks worriedly.
-well no but it's alright. i admit. he looks down sadly.
-anyways i gotta get to school can you help me up and bring me a cup of water? i exclaim trying to cheer him up or something.
-yeah of course. he leaves quickly to get the water. as he is getting the water my mom walks in.
-i'm sorry that you always have to take the shit for me baby. she sits down on my bed and stroke my hair gently.
-no mom it's not your fault. she nods sadly.
-where is he by the way? i ask curiously.
-i don't know he left after you knocked out.
-okay good so you guys are all okay? i ask like i'm the father. she nods with a fake smile on her lips and jay enter the room with a cup of water.

i walk out to my car to get to school but i get a very unpleasant surprise as i se my car. the windows are shattered and the wheels are punctured. i have no idea how to get to school now because no way i'm taking that bus. i decide to call brendon.
-hey bren are you up?
-yeah of course i'm about to head to school. i can literally feel the smile through the phone. he hates school so much but he's still so happy about getting there.
-can you pick me up? i ask hesitantly.
-yeah sure what happened to your car?
-it broke or something. i lie
-okay i'll be there in two.
and the call ended.

i run inside to get my sunglasses. my hood is up so that you can barely see my face. my face is not so beautiful right now.

i get into brendon's car trying not to look at him.
-why are you wearing sunglasses? it's raining outside stupid. brendon laughs.
-well it's gonna get sunnier later. i try to get away with.
-uhm okay whatever you say man. he laughs once again but a little more confused now.

-

a/n
shitty ending ik.