thirty five

joshs pov

-bye joshy, stay safe. it was great having you here these days. my aunt smiled at me gently.
-it was great being here. love you. i said as a happy/sad tear rolled down my cheek. i was happy to go home but i was sad to leave.
-love you too. and i got you a little thing since it's your birthday tomorrow.. she took a small box out of her purse.
-oh no, you didn't have to! i squeal but take it happily.
-i know i didn't, but now i did so open it now. she said with her soft voice.
i open it cautiously, looking up at her every split second. when the box is finally open it reveals a necklace with a small little drum hanging on it. i hug her tightly and say thank you through some tears.
-that's not all.. she says and pull out a folded letter from her bag. i unfold the letter slowly, a little nervous actually.

josh,
i know that your family doesn't have much money now. and i also tend to know that your drums are a bit broken. so.. i'm coming with you to ohio and we're gonna go buy you a new drum kit. whichever you want.
love, your favorite aunt <3 ;)

my eyes widened after reading the letter. happy tears escaped my eyes furiously and i hug her tight.
-thank you so much. i love you. i cry out.
-it's no problem josh. i love you too. now let's get to the car again so i can get my bags. she pulls away and smile happily.

tylers pov

i wait anxiously for josh to come out that scary door thingy. what if he changed his mind last minute? or what if something happened to him?
-tyler chill. melanie must've seen my nervousness. ha smiles up at me and stroke my shoulder gently.
-he'll be out any minute. she looks back at the door and i do the same.

suddenly he comes out, with his aunt by his side, or at least i guess it's his aunt, and some bags rolling after him. i run up to him and hug him tight in the middle of everything. melanie taps on my shoulder a little and i look up in a quick movement.
-people are trying to walk here. she chuckled a little and motioned to the people we were standing in the way for. i moved and so did josh along with his aunt.

after moving a bit from the crowd we hugged, we just hugged. i felt the tears coming my way.
-i'm sorry josh. i whispered as the tears escaped my eyes.
-it's okay. just don't do that again. he pulled back from the hug and looked at me seriously right in the eyes. i nodded furiously and kissed his forehead gently. another tap on my shoulder appeared.
-mind sharing? melanie laughed a little and looked up at me happily.
-yeah i do. i said but moved so that she could say hi and hug her best friend who she had missed dearly these past four days. she immediately jumped up on him.
-hi joshyyy! i've missed you so much. she said as she hugged him tighter than i've ever done. it looked like he almost couldn't breath.
-hey mel. i've missed you too. he said calmly and hugged her back gently. melanie pulled away from the hugged and smiled sadly at josh.
-hey melanie! josh's aunt broke in.
-oh hi, christine! she said happily and hugged her too.
-how have you been? josh's aunt, who must be christine said with a happy tone.
-i've been okay. she smiled back at her and they had a little conversation about life i guess.

-hey! and you must be tyler. christine said suspiciously and reached out her hand to me.
-yep, that's me. the devil himself. i smiled at her and she laughed a little.
-it's a pleasure to meet you mr.. she looked at me with that suspicious face again.
-joseph. i smiled.
-it's a pleasure to meet you mr. joseph. she said politely.
-it's a pleasure to meet you too! i said happily and looked at josh who was already staring at me proudly.

-

a/n
another shitty ending by me, surprising. not.