Chapter 12

Lilly's POV:

After I said what I said I was close to tears, I got up as Amel said what she did I got up and walked out of the room even with everyone calling me back over. I ended up walking out of the house and out the door, once I got out the door I walked to the park near my house. I remembered all the good times I have had with my mom.
~Flashback~
My five year old self looked around the tree branch I was holding on to so I can stay in the tree. I heard crunching of the fall leaves as someone came into the woods perimeter. I looked over and saw that my mom was directly under me she was it I could tell. Once she stopped moving I jumped down from my branch and ran to the jail to bail my best friend and her brother. I got to the jail and got them out and made a run for it, I was so close to the safe zone when I felt arms scoop me up into a tight embrace. I got turned around and slung over a shoulder. "No! I don't want to go to jail!" My high pitched voice came out. I felt her shaking from laughing, after a long walk to the jail I got sat on the ground and got a playful fake cop scold. After she left I stood up and dusted myself off and pretended to yank at the bars.
~End of flashback~

I went to the tree that I once hid in and sat down next to it and cried lightly at the times I had with my mom. "I love you. We missed you, so very much." I cried out softly.