I

((A/n: Song is First Day Of My Life - Bright Eyes. Wait to start. ))

It was an especially long car ride to get from Rhode Island to Columbus. I didn't understand why we couldn't make it like a couple days trip, but my parents insisted we did it all in one night. Of course we stopped for food and restroom breaks, but otherwise it was a straight shot.

10 ½ hours later and we finally made it to our new home. I spent the whole time in the U-haul with my mother cause honestly I don't think I would've lived riding in the car with my dad and 3 siblings. I said it was so that there'd be more room in the car, but in all honesty I didn't want to be with my dad that long.

We didn't exactly see eye to eye. He thinks I'm "ill". Not just because I have depression, no, he doesn't believe in mental illnesses. It's because I'm gay. He says being gay is just a sickness I'll get over. A phase, so to say. Yeah okay.

My mother didn't care and my siblings were either too young or didn't care either. Just my father.

When we pulled up to the light blue two story house I basically jumped out of the moving U-haul. It was rolling to a stop and I was already out of it.

"Tyler! Wait for it to stop moving next time okay?" My mother chuckled as she got out from it as well after backing it into the driveway.

"Sorry.." I laughed back. "I had to get out of that thing!"

"You couldn't wait another 30 seconds?" she shook her head. "You're so dramatic." she laughed.

I shrugged some and we waited for my dad and siblings to show up shortly after us.

Zach basically did the same thing as I when they pulled up and he came jogging over to me and punched me playfully on the shoulder.

"Don't ever leave me with Dad for that long again! God I felt like my ears were going to fall off from his lectures." Zach sighed while I laughed.

My mother shook her head again at the two of us. "You two should be nicer to your father. I'm sure Madison and Jay didn't have that problem."

"Yeah cause they don't have any common sense yet!" Zach exclaimed which earned an even harder laugh out of me.

If it was one thing I could count on, it was Zach. He always had my back when no one else did. He was my best friend. I didn't trust anyone else after the incidents at our old place.

Long story short, I was homeschooled so at my church they had a bible study. It was my only time I ever got to hang around and meet kids my age that weren't Zach. I had a group of friends in which one was my boyfriend. Turns out it was all a giant setup. They weren't my friends and my boyfriend actually didn't care. He wasn't even gay. Which I should've expected since it was a church group. He was dared to see if the 'weird loner kid' would open up to anyone.

I did open up to him, in fact, he knew more than almost anyone besides Zach. Once he knew all my secrets he ran back to all his friends and they humiliated me in front of the whole study.

It was embarrassing and I swore not to trust anyone again. I mean other than Zach.

Once Madison and Jay hopped out they ran over to me and Zach. My Father got the key from his pocket to open the front door and me and Zach gave each other a narrowed gaze. As soon as the door was open, Zach and I bolted in pushing at each other.

There was a room in particular we both wanted, the one in the basement.

"I get dibs on that room!" Zach yelled trying to trip me from behind causing me to trip and land on my face.