XIII

((Song is If It Means A Lot To You - This Wild Life's cover. Wait to start!))

It's been months now since Josh had left, I wasn't expecting him to come back. Of course I had made that assumption months ago when I had talked to Jon. Surprisingly enough, Jon had texted me a couple days after and we had met up for lunch to just talk. He's actually a really decent guy, despite what he was involved with.

I probably should stay away from the 'bad boy' types, but it is what it is. Jon's a good friend of mine now, I couldn't care less. Just like I didn't care about Josh's background, I don't care about Jon's.

Speaking of the devil he was on his way over as we speak. He was a few years older than me, but my parents thought he was in my grade. Honestly, my dad is just happy Josh is out of my life and I'm not dating a guy.

"Tyler!" my mom called from downstairs. "Jon's here!"

"Okay! I'm coming!" I called back and went downstairs to the front door to open it. "Hey Jon."

"Hey Ty." Jon said coming in.

He and I walked upstairs to my lounge area and I turned on my xbox handing him a controller since that's usually what we did.

"How's your day going?" I asked sitting down on the couch.

"It's going. Working on moving out of that area so I've been packing everything up." he claimed.

"Oh yeah, that's right. Did you want help with that?" I asked.

"Nah, man it's cool.. I'm mostly leaving everything behind. Starting fresh ya know? But you can help when I get into my new apartment."

"Yeah man, definitely. Whatever I can do." I replied.

"So what about you? Isn't school ending for you soon?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah.. Few more weeks that's it. Prom's this friday.." I sighed.

"Gotta hot date?" he laughed.

"No, definitely not.. Well, not anymore."

"Ah, right.. I'm sorry about that.." he said slightly monotonous.

"Don't be. You have no reason to be. If anything I should apologize." I chuckled slightly.

He laughed a bit, too. "Past is the past, man. Neither of us can do anything about it."

"You're right."

"So are you going?" he asked.

"Going where?" I raised a brow.

"To prom."

I laughed again, "No, definitely not. There's no reason for me."

"Aren't you on the prom court?" he gave me a smirk.

I rolled my eyes hitting him slightly. "Yes, but my partner was Josh. With him gone, it's pointless."

"Nah man.. It's not. You only get one prom, you should just go. You'll regret it if you don't. I know I do." he said.

"I'll think about it."

-

And that is how I got to where I am today, sitting at a table by myself on prom night wearing a stupid sash for the prom court. A few people came up to talk to me claiming how they voted for me for prom king and that they were sorry about Josh.

I shrugged it off as if it was nothing, but honestly it hurt. A lot. I tried numbing it out and it worked sometimes, but hearing his name always brought it back. I haven't said or heard his name this much since he had left and it almost became foreign to me. A name that was unrecognizable, because the Josh I had known wasn't there anymore. It was replaced by someone I could never stand seeing again.