III

((Song is Who Knows Who Cares by Local Natives. Wait to start it. c: ))

After yesterday's long day of school, I couldn't of been happier that today was Saturday. Meaning I got to hang out with Josh today. It was upsetting that my other friends were so.. Misunderstanding of Josh. Of course I didn't know the guy that much, but neither did they.

I just don't see Josh as such a bad person as they do. Besides those rumours had to be exaggerated. Jail, stealing, hardcore drugs? There's just no way. Or at least I hope not. I sat on the couch in my own living room waiting for that text from Josh. It was around 12 and I'm an early riser so I wasn't exactly expecting an 18 year old boy to be up before then.

I went back to my room and sat down at my keyboard it was a nice day out so I opened up my window to let the breeze in. I played random chords on my piano because I wasn't really planning on playing or making anything. I was just passing the time.

I was picking at keys when something flew in my window knocking me off the stool I had bought. It wasn't that it hurt, it was more of an initial scare that something big flew in my window.

I let out a small groan and rubbed at my lower back to see what in the world just hit me and it was.... A beach ball?!

I grabbed it with a confused expression and stood up and looked out the window where there was Josh laughing hysterically at his window.

"Oh man- Tyler I am so sorry!" he laughed harder. "Are- are you okay?"

"Yeah, you just scared the crap outta me dude!" I laughed back and looked down at the beach ball.

"I heard you playing the piano and I was like why text when throwing a beach ball through someone's window is a much better form of communication. Look what it says!"

"Oh yeah, definitely a better form of communication.." I said with a small eyeroll as I moved the ball in my hand till I found what Josh was talking about. On one of the white spaces he wrote, 'you ready?' on it. "Ya know, normal people just text to communicate." I retorted tossing him back the beach ball. "But yes, I'm ready." I added with a smile.

"What fun is that?" He snorted catching it and tossing it to the side. "And sick. I'll head on down." he said shutting his window.

I did as well and headed downstairs. Even though it was Saturday my mom was working and my Dad as usual was sitting on the couch watching television.

"Hey, I'm going out with Josh. He's going to show me around town." I told him as I went to the front door. He looked up to me from the television and then back to it without saying a word.

I stood there momentarily gawking at him waiting for some type of response to which I finally got.

"Then what are you waiting for? Go." he said irritably. I just nodded my head slowly as I exited the house and headed down the small walkway to the sidewalk.

Josh was leaning on his car with a smirk on his face as I approached.

"You sure you're ready? Today's gonna be awesome." he said standing up from the car.

"Heck yes I'm ready."

(Start song here)

I got in the car on the opposite side of Josh as he got in his side. He reversed the car from the driveway.

"So where is Mr. Josh Dun taking me today?" I asked sarcastically.

"Well, Mr. Tyler Joseph, I am taking you to the park. Kinda." he replied back mimicking my tone.