VI

((Song is The Good, The Bad and The Dirty by Panic! At The Disco. Wait to start le song.))

Everything today was going as usual as Mondays do. Josh and I had our morning 'window talks' as we started calling them, but Josh wanted to meet downstairs early to talk to me about something. Of course I was worried, so I headed down an hour earlier than usual.

I grabbed my bag and met with Josh on the front porch and we sat down on the steps.

"So what's up?" I asked concerned.

"Well.. I don't know why I want to tell you exactly, but.. I just want you to know. Better to be heard through me then someone else ya know?" I nodded my head and he continued. "First, I really like your friends actually and if it's okay I'd like to hang out with you guys more? I'm still trying to slowly distance myself from Brendon and Dallon. I really don't want to be friends with them anymore, Tyler.. They're terrible people.."

"Yeah, of course Josh. How could I say no?" I chuckled. "I understand."

"No I don't think you understand.. When I say they're bad people, I really mean it.. They're in that stupid gang and I'm tired of accidentally ending up in sticky situations because of it. I've been dubbed the getaway car accidentally. Back when I was struggling with money I used to help them with small robberies and they'd give me a good portion for doing it." he sighed and I frowned deeply.

"Hey.. Josh, it's okay.. Believe me I do understand, alright? You don't need them now, though. You have me. Patrick and Pete, too. We have your back and we always will. Plus, we won't use you for stuff like that." I put my hand on his and squeezed it. "I'll always be here, you showed me better half of things, let me do the same?"

"Oh Tyler, you don't even realize how much you've already done that." Josh replied quickly.

"Then promise me you'll stay away from them? I don't want you to get into trouble." I said worriedly.

"I will, I promise.. Keeping them away from me is the problem.." he sighed. "I'll just use excuses and shit.. They probably won't care that much honestly.. They really only come to me when they need something anyway."

"Well, I'll do what I can. I can tell them to leave you alone?" I asked wanting to help.

"Oh jesus Tyler, no!" he laughed out. "I know them and they'll see it as a challenge. And they're two people you don't want to challenge."

"Okay.. I won't then I guess.. Honestly, from what you've been telling me they kinda scare me." I laughed timidly.

"Me too." he replied. "Welp, let's get to school we gotta sign up for prom king squared! No, I did not forget our conversation Friday night."

I giggled. "Yeah, me neither."

We got up and I headed inside and got Zach and then we headed to school.

Josh and I filled out the forms for the ballot and gave it to the student council president, who fangirled like crazy when we turned in the slips and wrote (Joshler) after our names. Well, I guess we already have one vote.

Josh and I said our goodbyes and we gave each other a quick peck on the lips before going our separate ways to class. Patrick and Pete wanted to know all the details about movie night after the incident at lunch earlier that day.

I told them that we had our first kiss and Josh bought me flowers. Patrick cooed and Pete scoffed saying it was cheesy, but he laughed. Then he went on to what he would do on his first date if he ever had one again.

"You are such a liar." Patrick snorted. "You wouldn't do that! You're such a softie. I would know- cause our first date definitely did NOT go that way. You bought me flowers, too, Pete."