Chapter 40: Lanzo {Basil}

Later that Night

"How does it feel to be holding him, Edelweiss?" Zipporah hums, her voice laced with heavy yet content fatigue as she holds her camera up to videotape me while I hold our newborn baby boy. I can only smile with pure elation in response, "He looks exactly like you."

True, Lanzo inherited most of his traits from me. He has a full mop of dark hair and rich brown eyes, and Zipporah insists he is my carbon copy in every way. Yet I have gleefully identified the characteristics he has inherited from her, "Lanzo has your lips and hands, however. And his hair is wavy, which he didn't get from my side of the family," She chuckles and presses back against her mount of pillows, "He's beautiful, Zipporah."

"Yes. He was more than worth those long hours of labor and delivery." Zipporah giggles, shutting off the camera. I nod, stroking over Lanzo's petite hands and cheeks with tender affection. He yawns and coos a little, but doesn't stir otherwise. I set a delicate kiss against his forehead and then carefully lower him into his bassinet.

I kick off my slippers and then roll onto the bed into Zipporah's open arms. I curl my arms around her and press close, "He's perfect," I croon, reaching up to softly kiss her, "And you are magnificent, Edelweiss." She smiles and we lock lips in a few heavy but ecstatic kisses.

Short, but sweet. The story is coming to a close now, so stay tuned! I haven't been updating because of writer's block and because I've hit an emotionally turbulent time. But I will be more active. Please vote and comment! Dankeschön!

~Uilosris