1

one/один

"Knock, knock," Coulson said from the open doorway, announcing his presence

"Something exciting must be happening because you never come visit me in my office," Elizabeth teased. Coulson shook his head, chuckling softly.

"What's up, Phil?" Elizabeth asked, leaning forward onto the desk. Her smile faded quickly, her mind already searching for a solution to a problem that hadn't yet been proposed.

"Director Fury has an assignment for you," Phil said, sitting down across from her.

"Well, then you can tell Director Fury to get his ass in here and tell me himself," Elizabeth said loudly, looking past Phil and into the hallway. Director Fury stepped into sight, making his way into the office.

"Enhanced hearing, remember?" Elizabeth teased, tapping her ears gently.

"Phil, give us a minute, would you," Director Fury said, walking up to the desk.

"Must be serious if I'm getting a private chat," Elizabeth quipped. Director Fury groaned gently in pain as he lowered himself into the chair.

"Sir, you really shouldn't be up and about right now. You just got shot, for goodness sake," Elizabeth said, concerned. One of SHIELD's facilities had just been attacked by a greasy-looking man in an odd bull helmet. Most of the men made it out unscathed. Some, like Fury, made it out with minor injuries. Some, like Barton, didn't make it out at all.

"I'm fine," Fury said dismissively.

"Obviously," Elizabeth scoffed, rolling her eyes dramatically.

"Phil says you have an assignment for me. Where am I going?" Elizabeth asked, suddenly serious.

"Brooklyn," Fury said.

"What's in Brooklyn?" Elizabeth asked.

"Good pizza, sightseeing, a ninety-four year old super soldier," Fury sighed nonchalantly.

"Ah, the Captain himself," Elizabeth said, one eyebrow raised.

"What's that got to do with me, Nick?" Elizabeth asked, asking him friend-to-friend instead of boss-to-employee.

"You want me to go get Captain America and bring him here?" Elizabeth asked.

"No, I want you to help me go get Captain America and bring him here," Fury said, firm but sarcastic.