18

восемнадцать/eighteen

"Attention, all SHIELD agents

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not," Steve said into the intercom, broadcasting his arrival to the entire SHIELD base. Elizabeth nodded at him approvingly. He offered her a small smile.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked, laughing. Steve chuckled gently.

"You ready for this?" Steve asked the group standing around him. They all looked to him for a plan.

Elizabeth dropped the trench coat covering her body, revealing the bright red lingerie beneath.

"That answer your question?" Elizabeth asked, eyebrows raised.

"Uh-Um. Yes?" Steve stammered, looking up at the ceiling to avert his eyes.

"Okay. This is it. Today is the best day of my life," Sam said seriously. Elizabeth laughed gently.

"Well thanks, Sammy," Elizabeth said sarcastically.

"Are you ready, Captain?" Elizabeth asked. She looked over at Steve, trying to read him.

"I have to be," he sighed.

"If your friend is really still in there, I'm sure you'll find a way. But until then, I need to keep him off of me. I don't want it to come to this, but if I have to kill him, I won't hesitate. He is a direct line to my handler and I can't go back there," Elizabeth said quietly, walking close to Steve.

"Let's just hope it doesn't come to that," Steve said, finally looking away from the ceiling to meet her eyes.

"Take care of yourself out there, Boy Scout," Elizabeth said gently. She winked at him quickly before raising her gun and slipping out of the room.

"Explain to me why you haven't tied that down yet?" Sam scoffed, his eyes glued to the door Elizabeth had just left from.