22

двадцать два/twenty two

Elizabeth leaned against the bar, letting the bartender pour an endless supply of martinis

Elizabeth leaned against the bar, letting the bartender pour an endless supply of martinis. The blushed pink dress hugged her body perfectly, catching the eye of everyone in the room.

"You sure you can handle that much gin?" Steve teased, walking up to the bar with Thor.

"Is that a challenge, old man?" Elizabeth retorted playfully, draining the glass in one long gulp.

"Oh, you know it is," Steve teased, taking a swig of beer.

"I just talked to Sam. He says he misses you," Steve said, chuckling as he put the bottle down on the bar counter. Elizabeth laughed, shaking her head.

"So, boys, where are the throngs of women throwing themselves at you?" Elizabeth teased, smirking at the men.

"I only have eyes for one woman and I do not even know what country she is in," Thor sighed, chuckling.

"What about you Steve? No harem tonight?" Elizabeth teased.

"What about that broad? What was her name? Yes, Sharon," Thor asked. Elizabeth licked her bottom lip awkwardly. She usually just liked to pretend that Sharon didn't exist.

"Eh. I don't know what's going on there. She's a nice girl, but it's complicated," Steve sighed, picking up his beer again. Elizabeth forced a smile, trying to hide how pissed off she actually was. She wasn't in love with Steve Rogers, but she certainly didn't want him falling in love with anyone else.

"What about you, Liz? No men throwing themselves at you?" Steve teased.

"Well, my kind of ex turned out to be a bigger douche than I thought he was and and I've totally been deemed as damaged goods, so, no," Elizabeth said, forcing a sarcastic smile, snatching the beer out of Steve's hand and finishing it herself.

"Well, hot stuff, if you're looking for a sugar daddy, look no farther. A girl that looks like you wearing a dress like that-- mhm. No man could resist," an older man sitting at the bar said, leaning into their conversation. Elizabeth tried to stifle her laugh. Steve cleared his throat loudly. Thor just seemed unfazed.

"On that note, who wants a drink?" Elizabeth said, laughing.

"You should just add professional flirt to your resume," Steve teased. Elizabeth smiled, dropping her head slightly.

"Oh baby, I don't need a suit and tie to go to work," Elizabeth said, winking teasingly at the two men. Steve smiled awkwardly, praying that she didn't notice that he was blushing.