30

тридцать/thirty

Elizabeth sat at a cafe table in Lagos, drinking coffee as she inconspicuously scanned the area

Elizabeth sat at a cafe table in Lagos, drinking coffee as she inconspicuously scanned the area. The baseball cap on her head shielded her face. All that could be seen was blonde waves cascading down her back.

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve asked Wanda over the comms system, trying to turn the mission into a teaching moment for her. He stood in a building above the rest of the team, looking down on the cafe where Elizabeth, Wanda, and Natasha were sitting, spread out across the patio at different tables.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target," Wanda sighed.

"I feel like a proud parent," Elizabeth scoffed, laughing gently as she continued to pretend to be taking a phone call.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means--" Steve started.

"Cameras," Wanda finished.

"I taught you so damn well," Elizabeth sighed happily.

"Both cross streets one way--" Steve started.

"So compromise the escape routes," Wanda suggested.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out," Steve explained.

"He's never really cared about leaving a mess behind," Elizabeth scoffed, feeling bitter.

"You see that Ranger over half way up the block?" Steve asked.

"You mean the red one? It's cute," Wanda shrugged.

"It's also bullet proof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody, probably us," Natasha added.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda scoffed.

"Yeah, I remember--" Elizabeth scoffed.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become a second nature," Natasha explained.

"Anybody ever tell you, you're a little paranoid," Sam teased.

"Not to my face. Why, did you hear something?" Natasha scoffed.

"Liz, I know this one's a little personal for you. How're you holding up?" Steve asked.

"I'll feel better when he's locked in the back of a truck," Elizabeth sighed.

"Eyes on target, guys. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlowe in six months. I don't want to lose him," Steve ordered. Elizabeth took a deep breath, looking towards the building in front of her, waiting for Steve's signal.