Hate Drake

I stood on the edge of my high school's roof; I was three stories off the ground I was away from the crowds almost free, almost. I had been coming here since freshman year and this was my second year at high school, so there were no worries that I’d jump off in an attempt to kill myself. Name's Nekoda Charles, I'd rather you call me Cody it was a pet name my mother had given me since birth. I had two best friends Ally Harrison and Brandon Oath, in freshman year there had been many more but I had learned the hard way that in a large crowd they'd spread things about you, last year I had been the highlight of it all, rumors always about me. Over the last year I had become what you called Emo, even though the correct term was suicidal because emo came from a certain music genre. Yes, I had attempted to kill myself before I had jumped off a roof once and had ended up with a broken arm and twisted ankle which Brandon had covered for me. After quite a couple of times failing to end my life I had called a quits.

"Cody, get off the roof!" Ally yelled from below, her blond hair blowing in the slight breeze, her blue eyes bright knowing everyone had turned to look at her in her new trend beside her Brandon stared up at me with his broad smile and those gleaming gold eyes, that matched his sandy hair.

"Fine," I muttered in my irritated tone, as I headed towards the door that lead to the halls, I jogged down then ran into something hard falling onto my butt, I wince in pain, looking up to fine none other than Drake Link with a smirk on those lips and his dirty blond hair falling into his deep dark and dare I say mesmerizing blue eyes. I nearly growled at the sight of Ally's boyfriend, Ally had met him a month ago, they've been dating for a month, I knew him for month. But Ally seemed happy enough with him, both making a freaking Barbie couple that everyone wanted to be, so when it came down to it I'd bite my tongue and go along with it, even if he got on my nerves making me feel repulsive unease.

"Well, well look at our very own Nekoda Charles," he sneered with glee to see me on the floor, I got up angrily. "Coming from the roof? One day your gonna fall off."

"Too late," I sneered back with a wicked grin. "Done that already, it isn't as fun as it seemed, and it's Cody, Drake Link."

"Drake!" Ally ran up to Drake kissing him like the scene in a cheesy chick flick, I rolled my eyes.

"Hey," Brandon greeted me happily with a smile. "Nice headphones."

"Thanks." I smiled. I wore headphones around my neck which I used them to block out everyone when I couldn't manage to block people out on my own, I used them often.

"So when are you two going out?" Drake teased us.

"It's because of people like you that I wear these," I growled as I indicated to my headphones, Brandon chuckled from behind me.

"Don't pick on Drake," Ally pouted, I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Later, worm monkeys." I put on the headphones and walked in the crowd. I hated Drake. He is a buttwipe, I thought as I opened my locker pulling out books from the terrifying mess of papers, a hoodie, tons of Sharpies, and who knew what, slamming it closed as I headed towards my first period class.