Jealous?

Drake entered through the door straight towards me and pulled away my hoodie checking my arms his eyes as hard as they had been when he had looked at my drunken stepfather I pulled away from his grasp with a glare. “I don’t have any new bruises.”

“Just checking,” he muttered letting his hands fall away. “That guy gets under my skin.”

“You mean Jamie?” I frowned, surprised by his revealment.

“That’s the guy at your house?” He arched a brow. “Your father?”

“No, he’s my stepfather and yeah, he’s the guy you saw,” I informed with a single nod.

“Where’s your dad?”

“Dead for all I know,” I shrugged. “Never met the man.” He didn’t answer, there weren’t many things you could say to that that would do any good since it wasn’t a great loss even if you tried to feel something it was pointless. Missing someone you never met is harder than not.

“Sorry about checking out your arms.” He sighed in defeat. “I’ll see you later.”

“Later, worm monkey,” I called, now to find Brandon. I ran through the halls looking for Brandon who was hanging out with Jackson and Zack, they were Drake’s group. Their group of players. “Brandon!”

“What?” He turned to find me panting and he frowned at the slight of a breathless me with my hands gripping my knees.

“I just ran a marathon,” I panted.

“Did you win?” He asked with slight humor in his eyes.

“Not even close,” I muttered finally standing up straight. “I need to stay out all day today.”

“Well we’re going to hang out after school in this arcade,” Zack said invitingly.

“Who is we?” I questioned.

“Us and Drake,” Jackson said as if it were obvious, I groaned inwardly.

“He’s a nice guy,” Brandon said a bit defensively of his friend.

“After what he did to Ally?” I muttered a bit more than a bit curtly.

“You know that was bull,” Jackson intercepted.

“She just doesn’t want to get close to him,” Zack smirked stepping closer to me, as if cornering me into the truth. “Dude’s got it bad for you.”

“Shut up,” I growled in full denial.

“You could always have a girls’ night out with Ally,” Brandon offered. I hadn’t had a girls’ night out since Freshman year and even then I hadn’t enjoyed them in the least then, Drake or Ally? Not much of a choice was it.

“Fine,” I muttered. “Where’s Ally?”

“Late,” Brandon said.

“Later,” I muttered, as I saw Ally walking towards the other hallway I ran after her then grabbed her sleeve. “Ally.”

“Sheesh Cody, your going to rip my new blouse,” Ally said gently pulling away from my grasp with a distasteful look at the sleeve that was now slightly stretched then to me. “What kind of plan do you have since you have a gleam in your eyes?”

“Well today’s Monday and I was thinking to make it less boring than they naturally are that we should go out all night long but the guys wanna hang out in an arcade.”

“Arcade seems cool,” Ally said, I frowned Ally would rather be dead than caught in an arcade. “We should go with them, it’ll be fun I’ve never gone to an arcade.”