Memories

I was released from the hospital two days later they said to take it easy because of my stitches, I was found in the middle of Mojave, California, it was a desert. Who knew there were deserts in Cali? I was found by a seven year old boy and his father who had been riding quads. If they hadn’t found me I would have been dead I didn’t remember anything before the voices of the boy and his father. I couldn’t remember anything, but smells. Like the smell of cigarettes because when I was coming out from the hospital there had been someone smoking and the smell had triggered fear from me making me shutter and rub my cigarette scars. And musk with a mixture of blood came along with the cigarette smell the cops thought that I was hiding something protecting the guy who’d done this. They suggested that I see a therapist to help me get over my fear and come out with the truth. The guy who called himself Drake had managed to get my mother to agree to give Drake’s parents the temporary custody, but I’d be staying with Jackson even if that wasn’t really allowed. He had his connections, but he didn’t seem like the snooty-I’m-better-than-you-’cause-I’m-rich kind.

Somehow when I thought about it I saw him sitting in an Italian restaurant eating I was sitting across from him, we were laughing. How well did I know this guy before?

“You okay?” Jackson asked looking into my eyes we were in his living room and I was curled in the couch in a blanket. It was the morning after my first night staying here so far, but I was still feeling kind of sick and for the most part sore. I also changed in some of Jackson’s older clothes that were smaller and almost fit me.

“Yeah.” I sighed. “It’s hard to process everything when I’m a year behind.”

“Don’t worry I’ll help you out with that.” Jackson smiled.

“Did Drake and I have a thing?” I asked, confused.

“Do you remember anything?” He turned to me.

“I…I saw him sitting in an Italian restaurant Rosanna’s Café.” I rubbed my temple it was hurting. “We were eating…breakfast, we were having fun.”

“Why do you assume you guys had a thing?” He smiled.

“We were alone, in an Italian place,” I said. “You don’t take just anyone to have Italian.”

“Yeah.” He smiled. “Drake has liked you since the beginning of this school year.”

“Ally liked him,” I said.

“Yeah, that explains why you two don’t talk anymore.” He grinned. “That time you remember I assume that was the time you were staying over at his house for the weekend.”

“Why would I stay over at his house?”

“You were hiding,” he said sober. “From Jamie.”

“Why would I do that? I know he’s an ass, but he’s not that bad.” I frowned, me hiding from Jamie the dumbass was harmless.

“You don’t remember, do you?” He sighed. “Maybe Drake’s right.”

“Right about what?”

“Nothing.”

“What aren’t you telling me?” I asked.

“You’ll remember in time.” He smiled. “For now take it easy, remembering what memory you lost is only going to cause some serious headaches.”

“Hmm.” I sighed. “Why won’t anyone tell me what’s been happening?”

“It’s not that easy.” He turned on the flat screen putting on a comedy. “I can't just tell you what happen it won’t just come back it’ll be like reading you a story book.”