Beautiful Lies

By Thursday Ally came with her make up running down her face, I didn’t think it was serious until she explained it to me while sobbing the whole way through the conversation. It seemed Drake had gotten tired of Ally because he’d just recently told her it wasn’t working out and that he was going to see other people. Ally had begged him not to leave her but of course he hadn’t cared, he had told her it’d be good for both of them and that they were still going to hang out as friends. I had wanted to ask many questions but I kept quiet and listened still not fully understanding what it was Ally was trying to hint towards and when it came it wasn’t something I wanted to know.

“What’s the big deal anyways, Al?” I demanded, not to be mean but as a realist everyone had seen this coming. “The guy’s a player, it’s better that he’s gone, you deserve better than that ass.”

“Cody,” she whimpered. “I slept with him.”

“What?” I was shocked, Drake had used her for sex?! I hadn’t thought Drake was that low until now, he was really just a plain good for nothing player. I didn't have the slightest idea as to why I thought he may have been better than that.

“I had sex with him, yesterday was our first time,” Ally sobbed. He’d dumped her after the day that he’d done that with her? He was lower than scum!

“Ally go with Brandon and I’ll go handle Drake,” I said soothingly.

“Cody?” She called as I was walking away.

“Don’t hurt Drake,” she pleaded.

“I won’t,” I groaned inwardly then muttered under my breath. “Moron.”

I went to the library but he wasn’t there, I went and asked his friends where he was but they’d hadn’t seen him yet, after every place I could think of I realized he was in my hiding place. I jogged all the way to the roof where I found him kicking gravel around.

“I thought you’d come here,” he smiled as he turned to see me. “I need to talk to you.”

“I’ll say.” I stomped my way towards him and punched him right on the jaw. “You ass!”

“What the hell did I do?” He asked holding his jaw in one hand.

“Ally,” I stated the obvious. “How could you use her like that?”

“I needed to get close to you somehow,” he shrugged.

“You fucked Ally to get at me?” I kneed him in the balls heartlessly.. “You’re a dumbass, she really loves you and you go ahead and tear her heart out, what the hell is wrong with you?!”

“Fucked?” He rasped out on the ground confused.

“Don’t act innocent.” I walked off, he was a jerk. The bell rang and I made my way to class not getting any of my books for any of my classes only wearing my headphones the entire time, during lunch and break Ally continued to sob and soon mostly everyone knew what had occurred and were trying to comfort her. Drake stayed in his territory with his crowd of friends who loyally stayed by his side, Jackson one of his friends saw me walking by and gave a smile as he waved. I waved back, considering he was a friend of mine as well. Most of Drake’s guy friends knew me as his enemy or now the chick that beat his ass, he had the proof of it on his jaw. They were usually cool guys but why were they siding with Drake if they knew what he did was wrong beats me. Drake’s crowd, his group were the players but they never used a girl that way, they beat up those kind of guys. Why did they accept it when Drake did it? He hadn’t been in the group long, it had been a trio until he arrived and fit right in.

At the end of the day I was with Nick (Mr. J) getting the painting I had forgotten to get before, he was giving me a lift home so I wouldn’t have to carry it but then Drake had walked in. “Hey.” He nodded towards me. “Can I give you a lift so we can talk?”