There's An End To It All

I woke up to screaming and it wasn’t mine or Jamie’s it was a woman’s shriek I went out into the living room to find a young girl most likely a prostitute because of the way she was dressed. Jamie was sitting on the couch and the girl on the floor she was crying it was no surprise that she’d upset Jamie and he’d hit her after she ran out the door safely I returned to my room where I dressed and left to school. This was weird Jamie never brought his whores homes there was something up, but it wasn’t my business and it didn’t have anything to do with me, or so I had thought. When I got to school Drake was there and so was Brandon they seemed to be arguing then Ally appeared and ran hugging Drake then kissing him he pulled her off and told her something with a glare before turning back to tell Brandon something that seemed to get under his skin. I was pondering whether I should make a run for it or go over there and see what’s happening, I turned to go.

“Hey, Cody,” called Brandon. Too late of a run for it.

“Hey, Brandon.” I smiled waving. “What are you doing here, Drake?”

“You know.” He shrugged. “Explaining.”

“I bet you have a lot of that to do after driving me away that quickly with me yesterday.”

“So what were you doing?” Brandon demanded. “Because you’ve been here for about ten minutes and we’ve argued about everything, but that stupid act you pulled.”

“We were just having fun.” Drake grinned, innocently. “Just catching up about the last few months, when we saw you we were drunk and thought it’d be fun to mess with you.”

“Really?” Brandon glared.

“Yeah,” I agreed. “We were just having fun, two friends hanging out.”

“Fine.” Brandon smiled reassured by my statement. “If she says so then I’ll believe it.”

“Being his girlfriend has it’s perks, huh?” Drake teased. “He doesn’t question you like you’re a fuckin’ criminal.”

“Too bad you're not his type,” I teased sticking my tongue out at him.

“Aren’t you cute?” He grinned. “You still stick your tongue out at people.”

“Now that we established that, leave,” I grimaced, we were lucky that Brandon had believed us with that stupid story of reminiscing the good ol’ days getting drunk.

“I didn’t come here just to explain getting drunk to Brandon,” Drake sneered. “I came to see if I could change your mind about that thing?”

“Change your mind about what thing?” Brandon demanded.

“Nothing.” I glared straight at Drake. “You know my answer.”

“Which is?” He asked.

“No.” I glared.

“I tried.” He shrugged. “I won’t give up so soon. I’ll see you after school, Cody.”

He walked away and I stared after him only to have Brandon pull me into the hallways into the stairs where people just passed by without even a glance I chewed my inner cheek as he looked to the side not wanting to meet my eyes.

“What exactly is what he wanted you to change your mind about?” He demanded.

“Stuff,” I answered. “Nothing of importance really.”

“Don’t give me that bull, Cody.” He sighed. “I know what he wants you to change your mind about.” I visibly tensed at his words, he couldn’t know. “He wants you to dump me and get back together with him.”