Chapter 19

[Min Ha Neul's POV]

"But how could you ended up late along with V?" Hye Jin dropped her bag on the floor after she managed to convince my roommate to change place with her.

"I told you that was a total coincidence." I replied without looking at her and started to unpacking my stuff instead.

"Are you sure? Since I notice that you two are always walking together to school lately." She squinted as she stared at me.

"Uhm that's because our house are in the same direction?" I said as I raised an eyebrow, trying to convince her.

I didn't want to tell Hye Jin─ yet, or anyone at school in particular that Taehyung and I in fact were living together. I'm afraid that everyone might misunderstood since there's only the two of us that live in his house. Well, Namjoon was there too but he rarely stayed at home.

People might think that we're lovers and we could get expelled because living with boyfriend or girlfriend is against the school rules.

"I thought you were living together since you two are getting closer these days." Hye Jin chuckled and I almost choked on my own breath if only my phone wasn't buzzing.

"Oh it's Seokjin Oppa!" I said half shouting when I saw his name was written on the screen, feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

"What are you doing?! Just pick it up already!" Hye Jin said as she motioned me to answer the phone.

"He-hello?" I said nervously.

"Oh did I bother you?" Seokjin said from the other side of the line.

"No, not really. Why are you calling, Oppa?" I asked with a calm voice. But inside, my heart screamed so loud.

"Good then. Can you sneak out for a while later?" He asked.

"Uhm I think so?" I replied hesitantly.

"You should tho, since I couldn't meet you the last time." He sighed.

"I- I will find a way, don't worry!" I said qickly as some part of me screaming that they missed being around him.

"Alright then see you later!" He chuckled before he hung up the phone.

"So? What did he say?" Hye Jin said right after I hung up the phone, being way too excited more than myself.

"How can I sneak out?" I bit my lower lip as I looked at Hye Jin's curious face.

~~~~~~~

Hye Jin and I parted our ways once we're outside. She walked to the right side of the building to meet Jimin near the boys place while I walked to the backyard where Seokjin informed me to meet there over a text earlier.

He will come this time right?

I thought as I sat myself down on the bench I found there. A minute later Seokjin showed up and my heart started to pound over his steady figure.

"Sorry for making you wait." He said as he took a sit besides me.

"It's okay Oppa I just got here." I said as I shook my head slightly.

"I'm impressed that you managed to sneak out." He chuckled as he looked at me in amusement.

"Yeah thanks to Hye Jin." I chuckled.

"I see." He nodded as he let out a small chuckle. "Ah by the way, here." He handed me a blue colored paperbag.

I took it as I bit my lower lip nervously. When I opened the bag, I saw a blue colored scented candle where 'April Cotton' was written on the label.

"Oh, it smells good." I said as I sniffed the candle.

The smell felt familiar in my nostrils and I kinda liked it. But if I'm being honest, I like the lavender scented more than this one. But of course he already gave that one to whoever that girl was.

"Glad you like it. It took me almost an hour to decide." He laughed as his index finger scratching his temple.

"Is this for me?" I asked in an uncertain tone.

"Of course. It's my gratitude for what you did last time. I picked it up myself just for you so you have to accept it." He smiled widely as he nodded towards the candle.

"Oh, t-thankyou so much. You don't have to buy me anything, really." I said as I bowed my head to cover my blushing cheeks.

"Nah just consider it as a gift." He said casually.

"Thankyou, Oppa." I shyly threw him a small smile.

"My pleasure. Actually I wanted to give it to you the other day, but something came up." He sighed as he averted his gaze to the ground.

"No, it's okay." I said quickly. "Is something bad happened?" I asked when I saw his eyes became sad all of a sudden.

"It's just─ it's complicated." He said as he covered his face with his palms, seemed a bit frustrated since he let out a long sigh.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. I'm sorry for asking too mu─ ah-choo!" I sneezed suddenly before I could even finish my sentence.

"I'm sorry." I rubbed my nose as I felt embarassed.

Seokjin chuckled as he looked at me. Then he took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulder causing my heart to beat faster. I shook my head as I tried to reject his kindness but he ignored it.

"Well well Ha Neul, why did you wear such a thin clothes in this windy night?" Seokjin scoffed as he shook his head in disbelief and looked at me playfully.

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect it to be this cold. B-but aren't you cold, Oppa?" I asked as I felt uneasy.

"Nah, your presence keeps me warm." He smiled.

I could feel the heat struck my cheeks as it slowly turned rosie pink. I froze underneath his gaze, didn't know how to react.

"Are we meant something?" He said again.

"W-what?" I stuttered as my heart jumped and started banging on my chest loudly.

"You see, every time I'm feeling down you're just happened to be there and cheer me up." He explained briefly.

"Is that so?" I gave him a bewildered look since I didn't feel like I've done something big for him.

"Mhm. It feels like my problems were getting lifted whenever I see you." He gave me his sweet signature smile, the smile that made me fall in love with him in the first place.

I just looked down because if I looked into his eyes for much longer I'm afraid that I would melt myself to the ground. He and his sweet words, how could they managed to make me feel this way? Dear God, how should I react?!

I heard his phone buzzed from inside of his pocket. Then I saw him pulled it out before he read the text that he just received.

"We should go back now. Room check." He said quickly as he stood up and shoved his phone back to his pocket.

"Really?! I should tell my friend then." I said as I tried to pull out my phone to call Hye Jin but Seokjin took it away and then shoved it inside his jacket's pocket that I currently wore.

"You could do it once you're inside. Worried about yourself first." He said before he patted my head and then added, "Go now, you can return the jacket anytime."

I nodded as I bowed to excuse myself and to show my gratitude towards him before I fastened my footsteps. He smiled as he waved at me before he turned around and walked away.

―――――――

Finally an update yeay~ So sorry for not being active since I was sick and my exam is coming *sighs*

But other than that, thankyou so much for the 100+ votes!! I couldn't believe it, really >< And we're so close to 1k read like whaaaat

Hope you enjoy this chapter as well<3