Chapter 10

** sorry for such a long wait, love you all. Thanks for 90 votes 1.5k reads :)! I really hope you like this new chapter!! **

-

A couple days past, and I started to feel... relieved. Mostly because we got rid of everything in that old basement.

Harry hasn't talked to me, which I'm happy about, he's the reason for all my problems... But also my happiness.

I haven't touched one blade or pills since the night Harry snuck in my room for the first time.

He was like a refreshing start, but then things started getting creepy. I'm still not sure if I should blame the house, or him.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Ha, no.

"Luna? You gonna eat or what?" my mom asked snapping her fingers in my face.

I hesitated "huh. um yes later." I pushed my salad plate aside, and got up grabbing my purse.

"I- I need to go out. please." I half asked, placing my hand on my mother shoulder.

"Sure, thats find Lu." She smiled and returned to eating her salad, alone.

I took a step out into the fresh air. I hate it.

Just a couple days ago I was happy, energetic to find things out about everything.

Now I just want to leave this house, or die trying.

I walked for a while down the empty streets. Vintage cars would pass now and then.

The people in this city, were so emotionless. Everything felt grey, feeling wise. A couple of cheerleaders past me, blank looks on their faces.

One stared at my hand.

"It's a cigarette, want one?" I said holding it up in the air, then sticking the bud between my pale lips.

I handed one to her, smiling.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

I immediately paused.

"Veronica?" I yelled from across the street.

The blonde one paused, and turned.

"Yes dear?"

My heart stopped.

What

The

Hell

"I'm crazy." I whispered, turning back around.

I walked as fast as I could to Harry's house. I banged on the door, to many times by the look on his face.

"You okay Luna?" He asked looking down at me.

I was panting. "I... Need... Help."

He led me in and we sat on the couch.

"Whats wrong?"

He asked.

"You know what's wrong Harry."

"I- I don't"

"Don't"

He sighed. "Look you need professional help, lets get you to a mental institution maybe?" Harry asked, putting his arm around me.

"Um, no."

"What... But you said-"

"I know what i said. But your not getting rid of me that easily honey."

That was kind of mean, but I didn't care. all I knew was that one day he was going to try to do this to me.

"I'm... scared. I keep seeing things, from... Well the past." I shook my head facing away from Harry.

He laughed uneasily "In your dreams? Or at random times?" he asked.

I nodded my head "Both." Looking him in the eyes. Harry sighed. "I'll schedule an appointment tomorrow."

"Don't tell my mom about this." I said politely. He nodded in agreement as I left the house.

I walked around for a bit, sad and unsure.

Its like my life has turned upside down and all because of this one guy.

How stupid. . .

As I arrived home, I noticed my mom at the kitchen table. She was drinking and reading a magazine.

I never really talk to her much, but what if i talk to her and everything slips out?

She'd lock me up for sure. I took a sip from a cola can and headed into the living room.

I turned on the tv, and pretended to watch it. Really I was just over thinking about everything and anything.

"Mom, if I were to go crazy... would you lock me away?" I murmured as she walked in.

She gave me a sympathetic look, "Oh, Lu... I would do whatever is best for you. But i would still love you... why do you ask? Is everything okay? Do you need help-"

"Mom it was just a random question, I am completely fine..."

My mom rested her hand on my shoulder before walking up the creaking stairs.

I decided to go back down to the basement. I sat in the corner of the back room. Closing my eyes. "196-" I whispered.

"What are you doing?" My mom asked, looking around the room.

I jumped up, and wiped my jeans to remove the dust.

"I was just... bored..."

My mom paused and gasped

"Honey, don't tell me your trying to summon the devil?"

I laughed "The devils already here." I whispered

My mom looked disgusted "Stop it Luna Taylor, you're being a freak. Go upstairs and start dinner."

I slumped down in the kitchen stool, pouting. "Mom do I have to?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Yes Luna, I have to go to work... And you need to eat."

As my mom left I ran back downstairs.

I tried to open the backroom door, but it would budge.

"dammit mom" I whispered, realizing she locked the door.

I looked around the eerie basement. The stench from a while back still lingered.

With no luck, I stomped up the stairs, accidentally breaking the 6th stair going up, letting an unforgettable stench rise up.

I ran up the stairs standing at the doorway. As bats flew out of the hole, I slammed the door.

I ran outside and sat on the steps, catching my breath.

I whispered "2014" and closed my eyes. A little while later I opened my eyes.

I stood up, but my body was still there, with my eyes closed. I smiled and ran to Harry's house

I cant find out about Harry's past, but maybe I can find out what he's up to now.