DAY 04, WEEK 01

DAY 04, WEEK 01

"So what are we going to be watching tonight?" I asked Karry and the way to school.

"Something. It suits us really well."

"Oh really."

There was a moment of silence.

"How do I know if you're visible or not?" he asked all of a sudden.

"I'm visible all the time, technically. Except for when you're in class."

"You mean, like now?"

"Yeah."

He smiled and looked ecstatic. He held my hand again and swung it in motion to our walking. I got pretty much used to it when he held my hand, it was not too intimate, it was just enough. What he did yesterday was not a little too much, it was way too much.

"Hello, again." Max called from behind.

"Hi." Karry and I said at the same time.

They talked about games while I just smiled and tagged along. I stared at my left hand in his right. Then a voice broke my train of thoughts.

"Hi." It was Tai.

"Hi." Karry answered, I just kept my mouth shut.

"You know, if he's forcing you to stay with him you can always tell me."

"I'm right here, you know." Karry faked a cough and reminded him.

He pulled me behind him, not letting go, in fact he tightened his grip, further away from Tai.

"He's not forcing me to do anything." I replied and held onto his arm with my other hand. "I'm here because I want to be here."

Karry looked at me, then kept on walking.

"Chill guys, geez. You're making this difficult for both Jessica and me! Let's hurry up, we've never been early for class before so let's do that. Sorry Jess but we have to hurry up."

They quickly bid farewell and rushed ahead. A deep breath was let out naturally when I got to be invisible again. I liked being invisible, no one could judge me, no one could get me into the drama I am in now.

I decided to take the day off, I did not want to see either of them for the rest of the day, at least until after school. I went to the park, again. I let out a sigh and stared at my own reflection.

"Why the long face?" An old granny asked with a gentle smile.

"You can see me?"

"Of course I can see you. " She did not say much but just enough for me to imply what she meant. I was not the only undiscovered species on Earth.

She cleared her throat and put down her basket of flowers, she looked like she was going to start telling me a story.

"So who did that old man up there set you up with, this time?"

"This time?"

"I don't mean that it's your second time. I mean he did it to several others too, like me."

"Where are they?"

"They got three weeks, like he said." She told me and had a soft, gentle , and warm smile on her face. Her wrinkles crippled in a beautiful way. It did not take her long to tell me the whole story.

I did not react to the ending like I was supposed to. The smile I had from listening to their sweet times together remained on my lips, but cold and stiff.