Chapter 4

Time dragged on so fast and Saturday came. The first thing on Tiffany’s mind was Seohyun’s birthday party. She was excited, which was unusual. She felt that for the first time after so many years. She wanted to get out of her shell and expand her circle of friends. She wanted to mingle with the others. She knew that many of her schoolmates would come because Seohyun is way too friendly that she had so many friends when she came in that prestigious school.

Good thing she was already prepared her things or else she would've been cramming today. She went downstairs and ate butter sandwich for her breakfast. “Very prepared, huh?” Jessica smirked. What Tiffany didn't know was that her cousin knew every detail about Seohyun’s party.

“Well, yeah. I gotta go somewhere. Bye!” She took her last bite at her sandwich and left. Her cousin was about to say her something but she already left. Jessica would look crazy if she would talk to herself alone. Wait, why did she know about today’s event? Instead of halting and going back to ask her that question, she swept the thought off because she was lazy enough to get back on their house.

She took commute going to the school where they decided to meet. But before going to school, she made sure she had brought gift to her friend. How thoughtful of her, isn't it?

She looked at the people as if they were moving in fast-forward, just like those in the movies. Staring more and more at them would make her dizzy, so she stopped it and continued walking. Even though it was still early in the morning, a lot of people were already falling in line in the ticket station. She had no choice but to fall next in line, not wanting people to scold her by cutting it off.. She didn’t mind though, because she wasn’t in a rush, unlike most of the people out there.

As she was waiting patiently for the train to arrive at the next station where she would be going down, Seohyun had bombarded her text messages asking where she already was. Replying each one of them made her thumb numb as she typed.

She dashed out from the train when it stopped amongst the rushing people. The door wasn’t wide enough to let the passengers out abruptly. So there she was, struggling hard to get out. She could hardly breathe because she was squeezed by the crowd.

Since there wasn’t such distance from the station to the school, she decided to walk all the way from there. She was walking with a speed, not wanting the birthday celebrant to wait more for her. “Seobaby, happy birthday!” She greeted and hugged her tightly when she arrived. Seohyun politely thanked her as she smiled sincerely. “Here.” Tiffany handed her a small box.

“What is this?” Seohyun asked with a confused look on her face.

“Just open it,” Tiffany told her.

“Okay.” When she opened it, her eyes landed on the bracelet, necklace and ring. The bracelet had hearts and colorful flowers on it as its chain, while the ring was simple. It only had diamond as its pendant. The necklace simply had three diamonds as its pendant. The middle one was the biggest of them all, while the two at the side had the same size.

“Thank you.” Seohyun hugged her. “I really appreciate your gift. Would you mind if you put this on my neck?” Seohyun handed the necklace back at her. She grabbed and held her hair for her to have a clear vision on putting the necklace.