Chapter 6

She was depressed, problematic, and crestfallen. She doesn’t know what to do anymore. She wanted to give up bet she couldn’t. Why was life being hard on her this time? She knew it was a challenge from God, but she asked Him why she was facing that kind of problems. What did she do to deserve that kind of treatment?

That night, when she was in the middle of her sleep, she dreamt about something important. It was God’s answers to her questions.

She was sitting under the tree, relaxing under the shade of it. She was asking God the same questions she asked earlier.

It was then she heard a thunder. She raised her head and saw an angel coming down to Earth from above. She was perplexed. Why was she seeing things like those? Did the angel come down to get her? She didn’t get to see the angel’s face because it was against the light. It stopped in front of her.

“You have done nothing wrong. You were only challenged. Challenges like those are only given to strong people like you. I know you would survive in this kind of life. Do a little sacrifice for yourself, just like how the Son of God sacrificed Himself to save all of your sins. Maybe you need to forget your memories with someone you never want to forget and move on with your life.”

Just by the blink of an eye, it disappeared. The sky which turned gray went back to its color blue. It brightened after the angel left.

She woke up panting, catching her breath.

Maybe that was His answer, after all. Maybe she shouldn’t have been afraid of the challenges given to her; she should face it. And maybe the purpose why her bracelet broke was because she needed to forget him and forget the pain she was feeling.

The next day, when she woke up, the first thing on her mind was about what happened yesterday. Today would be a great day to fix things up after she had made a mess. After preparing herself, she headed straight to the Jung sisters’ room and called Krystal.

“Hey,” Tiffany awkwardly greeted.

“Hi…?” Krystal was confused whether to greet back or not. She didn’t know what came up to her cousin’s mind that she was calling her after ignoring what she said yesterday.

“Let’s talk,” she ordered.

Krystal went out of her room and followed Tiffany’s lead. They were in the dining table. They sat across each other. And of course, the younger one between them, which was Krystal, averted her cousin’s gaze.

“Krystal,” Tiffany started off. “I know you’re mad at me for yelling at you yesterday. I’m sorry. I was just carried away by my problems. I should’ve paid attention to you.” She lowered her head apologetically.

“Unnie, I’m sorry, too. I guess I shouldn’t have forced you to do things. I knew right from the start that you wanted to forget them. But isn’t it weird that you accept strangers than your family?”

Tiffany giggled at Krystal’s last words. She reached for her head and ruffled her hair. “Silly,” she said between her giggle. “So, friends?” She extended her hands.