Chapter 1

It was her fourth lonely day going to that same school. She was walking along the path towards her destination. She had always been down when the school year started, since she wasn't used to the feelig of being alone.

She had always loved walking on the path with the sweet scent of cherry blossoms. But now, it can’t do anything to cover up the depression she was feeling.

Due to lowering her head in depression, she accidentally bumped herself to a guy. “Sorry,” the guy apologized.

She ignored as if she didn't notice him at all and focused her attention on the books that fell and started picking it up. To her surprise, he helped her pick it up.

“N-no, it’s fine, really.” It was the first time she ever talked to someone since the first day.

“I insist,” he plainly muttered and continued to help her. Her calculus book was the last thing left on the floor and they both tried to reach for it, but they ended up brushing each other's hand. She raised her head and looked at him who was coincidentally looking at her too.

“Y-you…” She was surprised. It was as if she saw a ghost that it made her heart beat faster than it was.

Confused, he cocked an eyebrow. “What?”

She gulped the lump on her throat. It was stupid of her to think it was her best friend who was in front of her."Nothing.”

She continued walking but he tried to approach her and walked beside her. “Yah, really. Why did you startle when you saw me?” She patted her head. This guy, really. Why has he been acting like this when in fact, we’re strangers?

She had a pronounced poker face the whole time. “Well, because you resembled a lot like him.”

“Him? Who’s him?” This boy can be so irritating at times. “Look at us! We have been talking for a while but haven’t even known each other’s name.” He lightly laughed. “I’m Ha— Luhan,” he introduced himself to her.

“Tiffany.” She stared at his waiting hand for a while and refused to shake it with hers.

“Suits you.” He chuckled.

“No need to know,” she coldly mumbled. Of course he noticed her cold treatment towards him, but he sweeped off her negative side and never tried to ask why she was feeling blue that day.

_

As soon as they arrived in their homeroom, whispers and indistinct chatters were heard around them. “Why are they being like this?” Tiffany furrowed her brows, confused of what she did wrong that they were kind of blustering her.

“Just ignore them.” Luhan cleared his throat.

 Luhan was still waiting for Tiffany to walk inside the room and sit one on of the chairs but she continued to scan the place full of people who were giving her death glares. A few moments later, a girl walked towards Luhan and surrounded her arms around his. “I have been waiting for you.” She lightly pinched his cheeks. “And, who is that girl?” She inquired as she gave her a warm smile.

He gulped the lump on his throat. How would she react to this? What if she thinks Tiffany is her girlfriend? Oh no. “Uhmm… This is Tiffany, my new friend,” she politely introduced her to the girl and glanced for a while. “Tiffany, my girlfriend, Seohyun.” He gave out a small smile.

Tiffany hesitantly shook her hands with hers. When they were done introducing themselves, Seohyun dragged Tiffany to the seat where she was sitting and decided to let Tiffany sit beside her. They conversed for a while until their homeroom teacher came.