Chapter 8

Chapter 8

School has started again after the semestral break. It seemed to have a bright day for everyone. They didn’t face school with gloomy aura, unlike how they usually welcome the start of the school. They sun was shining brightly and the sky was clear blue. Everything was perfect, but Tiffany was an exception. Guilt was haunting her mind the whole week of vacation. She knew she shouldn’t feel it because she wasn’t really the root of their problem but she was too kind that she would will herself to admit the sin she didn’t even do.

She wanted to approach Sehun and apologize, but something in her stops herself. She wanted to fix the problem right away, but she couldn’t. She doesn’t have the gut to do it all. She loses her courage when it comes to things like this. She loses her nerve to blab her thoughts. She was afraid to do all this stuff, afraid that what happened in the past would happen again.

She was walking along the pathway amongst the students who were also rushing. She heard footsteps that seemed like running and getting nearer, but she didn’t care at all because it was none of her business. “Hey,” that cute voice brought her back to her senses.

“Oh, hi Seohyun.” She flashed a small smile.

“Seohyun?” She asked in disbelief. “Is there any problem, unnie?”

“No, none at all. Why?”

“Oh come on, you don’t have to lie. You usually call me 'Seobaby' and not by my real name,” Seohyun fully knew what her personality was. "And you only call me 'Seohyun' when something's wrong." Even though they just became friends recently, they already knew each other. Tiffany doesn’t know what she should feel: feel astonished for Seohyun was such a great guesser or be pissed off because she could point out things easily. Wait, scratch the other option— she shouldn’t feel pissed off her because Seohyun was way too good to be mad at.

“Seems you know me well.” She scoffed a chuckle, though it was fake. She then started explaining things from the very first start until she reached the part where Sehun technically got mad at them, or rather, at her.

Seohyun felt pity for her. She did nothing wrong but she was into the situation. She patted Tiffany’s back as comfort. “That’s okay, unnie. You’ll get through it.”

Tiffany felt touched at Seohyun’s way of showing concern. It didn’t have a tinge of plasticity, she was pure innocent. She could be a good exemplary in leading people. In that way, they would follow her good deeds and they would all be at peace.

_

They were all sitting at the usual long table they would sit on. Of course, with SNSD and the boys. But this time, Sehun decided to avoid everyone and go out on his own at a fast food chain just outside the campus. Of course he was obviously avoiding them for what they had done last week, leaving the others clueless about it.

Unlike the others who were having fun chatting with each other, Tiffany kept quiet without moving an inch. “Guys, I have to go somewhere,” Tiffany excused herself from them and got out of the cafeteria.