Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Weeks after the pool party that happened, they faced the reality again. Everything was the same as ever, for Luhan and Seohyun. They get to bond with Tiffany, since they were already close. They eat lunch together, go to class together, etc. But for Tiffany? Her social life was splendid. She gets to bond with other people aside from the couple. She mingles with her classmates, unlike before, she kept a cold attitude. Well, to shorten it, she was improving for the better. She gets to hang out with Luhan’s friends and bond with her new co-members or friends in SNSD. Months have passed since the school year has started. She was thankful to Luhan. If not meeting him, she wouldn’t feel happiness and meet new friends.

Until the day came when they had to separate again, it was semestral break. They were given two weeks for that break. Before, Tiffany wouldn’t react to that, but now that she had friends, she didn’t want to stay at home. She gets bored easily. She knows she won’t have time to bond with them during break because she was sure they would bond with their own families and have vacation for a while.

It crestfallens Tiffany that she won’t be experiencing those things now. Their family was already broken. It all started when her father’s business had a bankrupt. The worse thing was her mother was ill that time. Her father had a hard time providing Mrs. Hwang’s financial needs because he had just lost his job. And so his father decided to make a deal with a girl. The girl gets to provide his family’s financial needs in one condition: He needs to marry her. Because he loved his wife so much, he risked their marriage just for her to be cured. After their family issue, Tiffany was adopted by her aunt. And then that time, she met Jessica and her sister, and also Han, her best friend. Jessica and Krystal treated her like their own sister. Han did the same thing, too. Since he knew he needed to be by her side, he stood up as her brother. Somehow, her heart enlightened when a family raised her, and when she found a good friend which eventually became her best friend. She forgot about her family and moved on. But now, that burden in her heart was back because of Han who left her.

The thought of not having a family anymore made her feel like her heart was gripped tightly. But she had to accept the fact that they weren’t there on her side anymore. The people she treasured the most weren’t there anymore, including her very own best friend.

There she was, staring in space having a blank mind as she sat on the edge of her bed. There was nothing in her thoughts. She only came back to her senses when the door sounded, revealing her cousin.

“Unnie?” Krystal asked.

“Yes?”

“Can I come in?” She requested.

“Sure.”

Krystal barged in her room and sat beside her. “This is something important, unnie.”

“What?”

“I knew some information that could help you trace and find your family. To be exact, your father,” she straightly told her.

The moment she heard the word ‘family’, she felt a pang in her heart. It felt like the whole world stopped from rotating. She blinked many times first, processing the words Jessica’s sister said.