bull's-eye

We start building tents by a small lake. It is just beautiful and one of the most view I have seen.

Everybody was busy talking, settling or just wandering around looking the place when Joe came and announced: "we will be shooting a little, people who are interested in archery may gather by the lake

Everybody was busy talking, settling or just wandering around looking the place when Joe came and announced: "we will be shooting a little, people who are interested in archery may gather by the lake."

I didn't have to think twice to go there. I have always loved archery but the only thing is that I am not so good at it.
But that will not stop me from what I want to do.
I collected the bow and arrow and took my position.
I aim to the target with all of my concentration and released the arrow.

The result did not surprise me at all, the arrow was not even close to the target.
I heard someone chuckle behind me.
And the person did not surprise me either.
It was him as expected, always making fun of me.

"What do you want now?" I asked him.

"Your archery skills are awful."

"Look who's taking. I doubt if you will be able to hold the bow properly."

"Do judge a book by its cover, darling."

"Okay, then show me"

He smirked before collecting his own pair of bow and arrow before aiming. He brought the tail of the arrow close to his eye. That moment his eyes were very calculative.
He took a deep breath before releasing the arrow.
And to my surprise, it hit the target right in the middle which made my jaw drop.

He came from behind me and whispered into my ears
"So, do you want me to teach you?"

I want to deny him so bad, but I also want to shoot like him.
I slowly nodded in agreement and waited for him to start instructing me.
"First stand upright and without tension."

"Okay? Next?"

"Place your feet shoulder-width apart, and point them towards the target."

I did just like he told, and waited for him to continue.

"Use three fingers to lightly hold it on the string. Now raise and draw the bow."

When I raised my bow, he took me by the chin and raised it a little bit from behind me.
He then slowly slid his hand down my arm to my elbow causing goosebumps down my spine.
He raised my elbow by a little bit then said "posture is very important while shooting. Concentrate and aim to the target."

"Now take a deep breath" I did as I was told and released the arrow as soon as he gave the command.

The next thing I saw totally surprised me. I did imagine that I would be doing this one day.

The arrow did not even reach the target but hit somebody else's target.

I thought it would hit at least somewhere near the target but.........

"Jimin!?" I turned around, ready to punch him but he is nowhere to be found.

I looked around to find him sneaking behind his friends.
"Jimin you better wait right there!!"

"Sorry princess not today"

I picked up my speed to run right behind him. I chased him for quite a while. Before I got an idea.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed while sitting down, acting like I hurt my foot.
"Jimin, I think I twisted my ankle or something"

By hearing that he immediately stop running and headed back towards me with a frown.
He knelt beside me, trying to take off my shoe.

"You should be more careful how can you hurt yourself like this?"

"I caught you!" I screamed while locking my hands from either side of his neck.

"Not now. I have to check your leg first"

"Jimin you don't have to"

"Yes, I do"

"Why?"

He waited for a few minutes before saying "because I care"

Why?  I wanted to ask but I let it stay for now.

"Hey, jimin. I wanna tell you something. Only if you promise not to get mad"

"Okay?"

"Umm... This was a prank."

"What do you mean?" He asked looking up"

"Me getting hurt and falling down and all that stuff. Just to make you come to me. And just guess what? You walking right into my trap"
I said before quickly locking his neck and getting up.

"O-ouch!"

"Now tell me the truth"

"What truth?" He said clinching to my hand.

"Why wasn't I able to shoot?"

"I don't know"

"Don't act. I did exactly like you said"

He didn't reply so I gripped him tighter.
"Okay, okay. I didn't know how to shoot"

"Huh? Then how did you hit the target?"

"That was just by luck"

"By luck?"

"Yeah, yeah. Now leave me before I die."

I left him before saying
" But-"

" Now stop already, it is not like you did not enjoy being taught by me."
He said starting towards me while I move behind to maintain a decent distance.
"Not all women get a golden opportunity like that"

I felt something hard behind me to realise it is a tree and he successfully cornered me.
He gaze fell to my lips before he smirked and inched close to me while saying "so I suggest you play along and have fun with me while you can because you don't have another life"

I slipped my palm between our lips right before he could kiss me.

"You wish, now let me go" I said with a cheesy smile. I pushing him so that I can go but he was quick to grab my wrist.

"I actually mean it, I don't think that guy deserves someone like you. I have seen him the other day with you. I know he made you cry. He is not worth your love."

My smile faded now replaced with a frown. I turned around to look at him while he is still holding my hand.
"All I want to say is you don't have put yourself through this and that you are free to make your own decisions"
I give him a weak and unhappy smile before saying,
"I wish it was that way but I don't have the strength and courage to make my own decisions and go against my parents. I'm scared. I'm scared of the consequences. I'm scared of losing people I love. I already gave myself up and I am too weak to do anything on my own. This is my life and it's not going to change, no matter how much I want it to."

I place my other hand on his trying to free my hand, saying

"So I suggest you, Jimin, to stop worrying about me and have fun while you're here because what you are trying to do is impossible"