the beginning

I woke up because of the knock on my room door.
"Yessss?" I asked sleepily.

"Your highness it's time to wake up"

"But why so early?"

"His highness wants to speak to you"

My eyes popped open.
"Father?? But why does he want to speak to me? Anyways come in"

She slowly came in closing the door behind.

"Your highness-" she started but I cut her off

"I have told you not to called that lily. Call me Areum"

"But-"

"This is an order"

"Ok your hi- Areum"

"Good. now get me my dress"

She went in to fetch my clothes while I stretched on my bed and took a deep breath. I got into the shower and took a quick bath.
When I got out, my dress was laying on my perfectly made bed.

I quickly changed my clothes and Lily made my hair.
I came out of the room, wishing every maid I see on my way to the breakfast.
I walked through the endless corridors till the dining room was in my sights.
Outside the room standing was the head of security. Joe.
He is my most favourite. He likes me for who I am and not who I could or should be, even my parents want me to be someone I am not. Looking beautiful, behave like a princess, do not have fun and blah blah blah.
A smile crept on face as soon as I saw his face. I went to him and asked
"Is anything the matter?"

"Umm, yes princess"

"Is it good or bad?" I asked frowning.

"It could be the best news or the worst"

"Ok Joe meet you later"

He opened the door for me and I stepped in.
My father and mother looked so happy.
"Good morning father. Good morning mother." I wished.

"Sit down" said mother. I took my seat and started serving my breakfast.

"Ella there is something I want you to know."

"Yes, father"

"Soon you will be 18 years old and as you are the only heir to this kingdom, you shall be crowned the queen." There was anger in his voice when he said that.the truth is I am not the only heir, there was my sister. She was my parent's favourite. my father wanted her to marry some prince But she was already in love with some commoner. She confessed about her love to father. But he was not pleased.
She was determined so she married him and ran off. From that very moment, he considered only me as his daughter. I always followed him and agreed to everything he asked me to do. I don't want to let my father down again but I also love my sister we were best friends. She has always been my role model and I miss her.
" But according to the rules you shall be married first. So your mother and I decided that you shall be married to the prince of Italy."

I dropped my spoon due to the shock. I quickly retrieved the spoon and said
"I-I am sorry father. Please continue"

He nodded his head and said
"He is coming to stay in our castle until your wedding and I want you to welcome him"

"O-okay father. Permission to leave?"

"Yes"

I went out of my room with a stunned expression on my face.

"I am ruined. Joe I am ruined. They wanted me to marry some prince charming and spend the rest of my life smiling and attending some boring royal meetings. I know I have to do them at some point of my life but this is so early."

"True but they are the rules princess and we have to follow them"

"But how can they expected me to marry someone I didn't even meet? I want to find my true love too."

He did not say anything
"Why aren't you saying anything? Now don't said your are against my idea."

"I am not against you princess and I am not against their highnesses decision too. All I think is you should give him a chance."

I thought for a while and how I don't want to let my parents and kingdom down. I really am not able to decide whether to put my happiness first or the rest of the world's. after a long time, I decided.
"Then I will do it, only for my kingdom and for the happiness of parents."

He smiled "now go get ready you don't want to be looking like this when he arrives."

"Ok"

Hey there. I don't expect you to like the chapter as this is just a filler.
But make sure to vote, comment and share. That will really encourage me to write more and if you find this boring, just skip to
'Who!?'. The story in between is not too important anyways.

Who is your bias?
😘