e i g h t

I was walking to Jessica's hotel to meet up with her. She had come to visit me since we rarely had time for each other. I was running a little late because I had an emergency meeting earlier for my drama. I had a mask on as well as large sunglasses and my hair was tucked under a baseball cap so people couldn't recognize me.

I was so excited to see Sica again. It had been 3 months since we'd last seen each other because of our busy schedules. I decided to stop by a flower shop to buy her a bouquet to compensate for my tardiness. After that, I went in the hotel, checked in the get my card to enter the room Jessica had booked for the two of us. She had to since I had dorm mates and they didn't know we were still dating.

I took the elevator to reach the floor the room was on. I smiled looking at the flowers. Jessica will be so happy... I hope. Once the doors opened, I made my way to room 909. I took off my sunglasses and took out the key card to swipe it and unlock the door.

The moment I walked in, something felt strange. The door closed silently behind me and I walked towards the living room since she was probably there. This room was huge... perk of a 5 star hotel. My step were silent when I stopped dead on my tracks.

"Wait, Noah." I heard her voice say and it sounded a lot like a moan. My heart dropped. The gears in my brain turned and I figured out what was happening.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the worst, yet I still couldn't believe this was really happening to me. I saw it. I saw them. I saw them kissing. Noah, the ex Jessica had mentioned to me and Jessica were on the couch. With my jaw on the floor, I dropped the flowers unintentionally.

The sight was more than disgusting to me. He was over her and she had her hands on his shoulders. I never thought I would feel this betrayed, especially not by my first love.

The sound created by the bouquet dropping on the floor made my presence known to them. Noah was the first to turn around. He had a nasty smirk on his face. Jessica propped herself up on her elbows and looked... relieved?

"Yul," she said and had a small smile on. "Thank God."

My brows furrowed at her words. "What do you mean 'thank God'?" I choked out. "What? Did you want me to catch you with someone else? Is that your way of breaking up with me? I know we haven't seen each other in a while and the distance was really hard to get over, but seriously? If you wanted to break, couldn't you at least gather the courage to tell me instead of cheating?!"

"No, wait! This isn't what you're thinking it is! It's not what it looks like. I can explain." Her smile disappeared and she looked terrified now.

"Oh please, Jessie. What are you even talking about. Yuri already figured out what's going on. I'm still surprised you didn't catch that we had a plan to get Jessica to make you fall for her. You actually thought she was into you?"

His words cut like knives and if it weren't for my emotions all over the place, I probably wouldn't have listened to him, but with everything I had just saw, how could I not? "I can't believe this. I can't believe I thought you loved me." I scoffed. "I was so stupid. This was part of a sick game? To make me fall for you? Well, you win. Congratulations."

I left without listening to her fake story and rushed out of the hotel. Outside, I didn't know where to go. My heart was racing and I was a little dizzy from all the commotion. Suddenly, I saw a short blonde not far from me. She was smiling at first, but she must've seen I was upset and then her face turned serious. She walked to me and once she was close enough I pulled her in the hotel and went to the restroom where I finally broke down.