s e v e n

*two weeks later, August 1st, 2015*

The day of our first date came a lot faster than expected. Taeyeon had been out all day today and the last week as well. The only words we exchanged were through little notes or text messages. I was kind of upset we hadn't properly talked all week, but tonight was our first date so it wasn't too bad. I received a text from Taeyeon telling me she would come pock me up at 4PM. She said to not wear anything too fancy, but to opt for something more comfortable.

I was wearing a light pink crop top, high waisted shorts with some holes in them, a white chiffon kimono and white sneakers. I had my hair in two french braids and wore light makeup for the occasion. Round sunglasses, a light pink cap and a small purse completed my look. "Not bad, Tiffany," said Sunny as she leaned on the door frame.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Do you think Taeyeon will like this?"

"Short shorts that shows off your legs and butt? How could she not? She's a byuntae after all." Sunny giggled and so did I. I sighed and the red haired shorty asked me why.

"Is it normal I'm this nervous? I'm never like this around Taeyeon."

"Of course it is! Sure technically, you're 'hanging out' with her, but this isn't any normal hang out. It's your first date! And shouldn't you get going soon? It's already 3:57."

I looked at my phone and noticed Taeyeon had sent me a message saying she was almost here. Soon, we heard the front door being unlocked and a familiar voiced yelled, "I'm home. I'll wait for you here, Fany."

"Looks like your date is here." Sunny grinned.

I took a deep breath and headed towards the entrance of our house where Taeyeon was leaning on the front door with her eyes on her phone. She looked really good. Just like me, she had white sneakers. She was also wearing a white tee under light washed denim short overalls and a thin grey overall covered her outfit. As for her hair and makeup, she had very little makeup applied like me and her hair was left natural.

I cleared my throat to let her know I was here. She looked up and grinned. Her eyes scanned my whole for a minute until she spoke up. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you, Tae." I blushed at her compliment and her intense staring. "You look really good too."

"Thanks." She chuckled, but soon her face showed an upset expression.

"What is it?" I asked, concerned.

She face-palmed herself. "I forgot something in my car. Hold on." She ran outside after telling me to close my eyes. Being the curious person I am, I peeked and saw a small Taeyeon struggling to take out a bunch of balloons and a giant bouquet of flowers. I giggled and closed my eyes before she came back.

"Alright, open your eyes." I did as she said. "Surprise!" She shouted in English an grinned like a kid. She held a bouquet of roses in one hand (more like arm since it was so big) while holding a bunch of pink balloons saying 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' in her other hand. "Happy birthday, Fany-ah!"

"Aww, Taetae. Thank you so much! You're so sweet." I took the bouquet and balloons to put them aside to hug her tightly. I kissed her cheek once we pulled away.

"It's nothing." She replied with a smile plastered on her face. "You ready to go" I nodded and we told Sunny we were going out.

Taeyeon insisted on opening the door for me so she ran to her car and did so. "Where are we going?" I asked once we were on the road.

"It's a surprise," she simply said.

About an hour later, we arrived at our destination, which I could not recognize, but it was pretty and peaceful. It seemed like we were the only ones in this park. A soft breeze blew and it felt refreshing. "Can you tell what you have planned for this date?"

"Mmm... I can tell you parts of it. We're gonna have a picnic and then... you will discover the rest as the date progresses."

I laughed and nodded. I knew she wasn't going to tell me anything else even if I kept on asking and aegyo wouldn't work on her either. She went to grab the picnic basket and I took a blanket and a cooler. We installed ourselves under one of the many trees and started to eat the delicious meal Taeyeon prepared. After eating, it was already 6:30.

I was sitting with my back on the tree while Taeyeon was laying down with her head on my lap. I let my hands play with her soft locks that were now completely blonde. Just like in the cliché love stories, I could stay in this position forever, staring at the sunset... okay maybe not forever because this tree wasn't that comfortable, but you get what I mean.

"I saw Yuri this morning." Taeyeon broke the comfortable silence. "She looked kind of distressed."

I frowned hearing that. "Why? Did you talk to her?"

"Yeah, I was walking in town to pick up one of your gifts. Then, I saw her walking out of a hotel building. She was all alone with no security guard by her side and looked disheveled. I thought it was weird she had walked out of a hotel since she lived a couple of minutes away and that she had no security by her side, but she probably had her reasons and I didn't have security either so... Anyways, I went to talk to her just to say hi and make sure she was alright.

The moment she recognized my face, she looked shocked. I waved and walked closer to her. She pulled my into the hotel and went straight to the restrooms. She then locked the door seeing no one was there. I asked her what happened and she immediately pulled in for a tight hug."

She took a moment to breathe properly before continuing her story. "I hugged her back and felt my shirt dampen. She let out soft sobs and I tried to calm her down. This whole time, her phone kept buzzing crazy like someone really needed to contact her. After a few minutes, the tears stopped and she finally explained to me what had happened to cause her to breakdown like this."

"What was it?"

"Yuri and Sica have been dating this whole time. Even through the time the company kicked her out."

"Seriously? Hold on, wasn't Sica dating Tyler Kwon? Like haven't they been secretly dating since 2013?"

"Well, apparently she had faked 'secretly dating' him to be able to date Yul. Since she was no longer with SM, the two thought it was less obvious. You know the first time the officials caught them and they were asked to break up? Well, they didn't and have been together ever since."

"Damn... Wait, why was Yuri crying if she's still with Jessica?"

"Yuri caught Jessica with her ex."