Chapter Seventeen

Diana's POV

After a month

"Niall stop yelling at me for goodness sake!" I brush my hair out of the tangles with my fingers in frustration as I sat on the hotel room bed. The tears stinging at the corner of my eyes. What the hell is wrong with him?! He's been acting so strange from the past week! He yells at me for no bloody reason, comes back after the concert late at night and sometimes he doesn't come back at all. Drinks on his off days. I don't know what else to do with him!

"Fuck it Diana, you'll never understand me" He yells and walks pass me. Never understand?! Is he being serious?!

"Never understand?! Are you fucking serious, Niall?! You were the one who couldn't understand me! You were the one yelling at me for such a small mistake!" The tears were already streaming down my cheeks. He wasn't the Niall I met three months ago. I don't know who he is, what is he trying to prove.

Before I could say anything else, he was already out of the door and I cover my face with my hands. I tried stopping the tears but it wouldn't. Thank goodness this is the last month of the Australia tour and we're heading back home for the Christmas break. Maybe he's just stressed out about work and all. I'll have to ask him when he calms down a little.

I walk into the bathroom and wash my face with cold icy water and wipe it with a clean white cloth. After we got back on tour, he was so different. He wasn't the Niall I met and fell in love with. He wouldn't eat with me nor go out with me.

Niall's POV

I walk out of our hotel room quickly as I tried stopping the tears from falling but failed miserably. I left because I didn't want to see the tears in her eyes. I hurt her once again because all I have left is. . . nothing.

Flashback~

I left the house without letting her know where am I going and quickly pulled out of the drive way. I don't want to let her know that I'm going to the clinic if not she'll insist to come along and I don't want that. Joe called me up an hour ago and said that my reports have arrived. He sounded kind of worried and sad on the phone.

In fifteen minutes, I pulled into the parking space and walk into his clinic as fast as possible before anyone takes a picture of me. Without asking anyone, I walked into his room and saw him on the phone. I knocked slightly on the table to get his attention and he looks at me with a worried expression.

"What's wrong?" I ask and sat on the arm chair. He puts the phone down and sits in front of me and handed me the file he was holding just a minute ago. That is my file? Why was he on the phone with it? I look through it and understood nothing and got frustrated. "Joe, can you just tell me what's wrong and why the fuck are you sweating?!" I ask angrily and he shakes his head. "So?"

"Niall you.. you have been diagnosed with Leukemia" he mumbles and the words stabbed me like a knife. "But we—"

"What?" I ask in disbelief. This is not possible. I don't even know how to react to this. "Joe, how?!"

"Niall I did try to find a treatment to this but.." he says and stops half way

"But what?!"  I practically yell and stand up.

"But it's too late. You're on the last stage and there's nothing we can do" he says and looks down.

"Nothing? How many months? Days? Weeks?" My visions became blurry and the tears fell non stop as I thought about Diana. What is she going to do? I can't leave her. I can't leave anyone! Mum, dad, Greg! It feels like I've been stabbed over and over again just by thinking about my friends and family and. . . my girlfriend.

"Months... five to six months."

-Reality-

And that was when I thought of pushing her away. I thought of hurting her over and over again. Not physically but emotionally. I hoped that she would leave me and go away but she didn't. My plan failed each and every time I fought with her and she tried to calm me down. I don't know how much someone can love.

My life is falling apart in front of my eyes and I want her to know that she can still live without me.

Soon I found myself in a dark room which kind of looked like a janitors room and I had my knee close to my chin. I can't hurt her anymore but I'm forced to do it. Joe said I have five to six months and two months have already passed in a clip of an eye.

This is not what I thought about myself. This is not what I thought about me and Diana. I thought I'd live for her and marry her, have children and die with her but nothing seems to go like I want it to.

I wipe my tears away and slowly stand up and walk back to my room. I looked around and found her on the bed with her hands covered her face. I knew she was crying, I know she's hurt. Maybe, just maybe I could be a little calm with her. Just for today.

"Babe?" I call and she looks up, immediately wiping her tears. Her eyes were bloodshot red. Shit, what have I done?!

"Niall I--"

"Sshh" I cut her off and hug her tightly. "I'm sorry babe" I say and gently kiss her cheek. The way one day I used to hate it when she cried, now I'm making her cry myself. This was not what I wanted.

I wanted to show her that true love still exists and I thought I could be the one to make her smile and laugh but now, all i'm doing is make her cry all day and night.

I wipe her tears and walk her to the closet and took out a short black dress. "Be ready in fifteen" I smiled and walk out the door.

As I was out of the door, I quickly walk over to one of the boys' room and into the bathroom, quickly locking it. As usual, I vomited blood. I'm getting really frustrated with vomiting. Its like a.daily routine for me now and hiding it from Diana is making it more difficult.

I wash my mouth and opened the door, revealing Harry in front of me. Shit, I'm in Harry's room?!

"Niall? What are you doing here?"

Crap!