Chapter Twenty-Four

Niall's POV

Its been three days since I've started having chemotherapy. Well not really started but I'm about to start today if the Doctor thinks it's okay. I'm a little scared but Zayn and Harry are with me so I have no fear. I'm going to go through hair lost because of the therapy and many other things, but I'll do anything to recover just for her and our baby. I smile at the thought of me holding my child. I still haven't told Diana about this neither did I tell my family and I hope that they don't come to know. Harry has told me that Diana was suspecting something since she saw us going to the hospital but she has forgotten about it now because of the baby and taking care of her health.

"How are you feeling?" the doctor walks into the room with a stethoscope around his neck as the nurse follows behind him.

"I'm doing okay.. I guess. Did my voice change due to the constant throwing up?" I ask, curiously and he checks my mouth and heartbeat.

"Have you been drinking?" he asks again, while writing down on the board. I nod and he walks to the other side of the bed. "Its because of the drinking. Leukemia doesn't change voices, it changes you from the outside. For example; skin disease and as for now, I'm not seeing any symptoms of skin disease anywhere on your body" he explains and I look at him in disbelief. How can it be?!  

"How is that even possible?!" I ask.

"We'll find out soon but now, we can't start the therapy without any of these symptoms" he dismisses. What the fuck? "We will have to check you up to know whether do you really have Leukemia or not"

"But, I've been throwing up blood for the past four months! Isn't that a symptom?" I ask again and Zayn walks through the white door of the room. Is this some kind of a sick joke?!

"What happened?" Zayn asks and the Doctor explains everything to him. I don't even know what to think right now. "What the fuck?" he says. "Your fucking friend is a dick! Maybe he gave the wrong information or something! I knew this was a sick joke! Who the he—"

"Can we please look at your reports?" The doctor cuts Zayn and his cussing off as he asks for my reports. "Oh and by the way, vomiting blood can be caused with any other cancer and damages in your body. It's not only Leukemia" he confirms and I look at Zayn, dumbfound. I bet he's cussing Joe right now. Ugh. What have I gotten myself into. "Reports?"

"It's at the receptionist" I say and he walks out of the room, leaving me and Zayn alone.

"He's a total dick! How the fuck did he get a degree?!" he continues ranting and I lay back onto the soft white hospital pillow. "I'm going to sue that ass!!"

"Zayn, calm down and just pray that it's anything and not cancer!" I order and pull him down, making him sit on the chair beside me. "Have you seen Diana? Is she okay?" I ask. I miss her so much. I know Harry is there but I want to be there for her, I want to take care of the baby. Our baby.

"She's okay. I went to see her today and actually got a picture with her" he laughs and shows me his phone. She looks gorgeous even with the little baby bump. "Why don't you tell her? She deserves to know" he says.

"I can't. She's pregnant if not she'll be worried like you are right now, Or even worse" I tease him and he rolls his eyes. "Everything will be okay right?" I ask worriedly. I don't want to die. I don't want to leave her.

"Yes, you'll be fine and in two or three months, you're going to be with her!" his eyes are full of hope which gives me hope that I will recover. "But at least let me tell the lads! I've been lying to them for a week now!" he begs and I nod, unsurely. I hope they take it lightly.