NINE |Happiness|

Stefan

I woke up the next morning, for the first time in weeks, I slept, in my bed. Since my body was a few degrees warmer I knew Ric was next to me. He was so close to my body, with his hand wrapped around my body. I felt bad, I could tell how cold he was, his body would quiver ever so often. I wanted to do something but he looked peaceful, I didn't want to wake him. So instead, I layed back down and sulked in the heat Ric provided.

Ric
    I smiled as I already knew what I'd be waking up to. Just as I had pictured, Stefan lay in front of me, seeming to enjoy the warmth from my body. I was shivering most of the night but I knew Stefan needed warmth more than I did. After all he hadn't felt in hundreds of years. Stefan had suddenly woken up and turned to look at me.

    "Good morning." He said sweetly to me, he smiled, and I watched with pleasure as his nose crinkled as the grin on his face became wider.

    "How did you sleep?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

    "Well, let's just say this is the first time I ever slept in weeks." This certainly wasn't the answer I had expected. It brought me pain to know Stefan hadn't closed his eyes until last night but it also brought me joy to know that I was the reason he fell asleep.

    "You look sicker than you did yesterday Stefan. You need to feed." For some reason saying those words felt odd. I was a vampire hunter, not a person that gets seduced by vampires.

    "I will, soon." I knew all too well that soon meant days from now but I didn't argue with him. He was older than me, I had no right to push him around.

    I went to get up to make breakfast but Stefan pushed me down with his strong hands.

    "Please don't leave me." I cringed at the sadness in his voice. I never wanted to leave him, I would never leave him. I knew the amount of people that had left him, I didn't ever want to be one of those people.

    Stefan held my face in hands, he stared into my eyes before placing a kiss on my lips.

    "Do you want something to eat?" Stefan laughed at loud while I got up from the bed, probably one of the hardest task to do. I was confused as to why Stefan was laughing...

    "What's so funny?" Stefan sat up, unintentionally flexing his muscles as he did so. His body looked like it was carved by MichelAngelo, and for all I knew it could have been.
"Vampires don't eat, Ric." This came as a shock to me, even as a history teacher and Vampire expert this was something I did not know. It never occurred to me that blood was the only source of sustenance they needed.

"Then why do you drink so much alcohol if you don't need food." I asked curiously, he smiled at me. Whenever he smiled it made me want to smile, I'd never seen him smile in the time I'd known him except for this morning.

"Surprisingly alcohol does affect us but not like it does for humans. We have to drink like 10 bottles in a day to become what you humans call it as "drunk." It helps curb the hunger and take away some of the pain for a little while.

"Huh, I guess there are still some things I need to learn about your kind." I said, Stefan appeared amused at my suggestion.

"'Your kind', you make us seem like aliens from another planet!" He mused.

"I mean you are a different species, what would you like me to call you?" Stefan looked defeated.

"Okay, okay, I see your point." I smiled and walked down the stairs, and incase you didn't know I had two to choose from. One side led into their foyer, the other led into their kitchen. Their kitchen was enormous, with white marble countertops, and the same magnificent paintings hanging on the walls. I noticed one instantly from MichelAngelo and began to wonder how much it was worth, probably millions.

I didn't make much sense to me as to why they had such a marvelous kitchen, when they never even used it. I guess I should stop saying they now... I thought to myself.

I had just made it down into their dining room to eat and nearly dropped my glass and plate on the floor.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"