TEN |DISASTER|

I knew who was standing in front of me. I could recognize that face from a miles away; those crystal sea-like eyes, that disheveled black hair.

"Damon?" I stared at the man up and down checking to see for certain if he was real or a figment of my imagination. For all I knew I was still lying in bed next to Stefan dreaming of a life where he would truly be happy. Damon pushed himself onto the marble island and swung his feet back and forth like a child.

I heard Stefan rumbling around upstairs,"So, where's my brother?" Damon seemed extremely calm and nonchalant as if he never even died in the first place. As fast as humanly possible I grabbed a knife from the counter next to me, pulling it close to Damon's throat.

"I know it's you Silas you're not going to fool us again." Damon was inferior to me even just gotten back from the dead. The knife effortlessly landed in Damon's hand it's sharp edges caressing my neck.

Stefan must've heard the commotion and raced with his super human speed to throw Damon off of me.

Damon looked mused as he turned himself around to face his brother,"Well, well, I see my brother has taken a liking to our dear friend Ric."

Everything was still for just a moment before Stefan's expression turned into one of shock. He stared at his brother not knowing what to believe, "No, no this isn't happening. It can't be happening."

Stefan raced towards Damon gripping his body tightly against his own. Damon returned the same death grip on his brother as well. I stood awkwardly to the side waiting for the two brothers to finish their reunion.

"How the hell are you here?" Stefan sat down beside Damon on the velvet couch in front of the fireplace. I sat closer to Stefan, desperately needing to feel his body against mine.

Damon crossed one leg over the other before replying,"The Other side was obliterated, Stef. I was never with Elyssa." I could feel Stefan shift as soon as he heard those words, his hand began to shake.

If Damon never even saw Elyssa, than she had died for nothing, "Than," Stefan swallows back tears, "She died for nothing." Damon's face was flushed with rage. His emotions were stronger than his willpower to control them, and so he threw his glass full of whiskey into the fireplace.

Stefan winced as it clashed against the rocks making the fire roar, "Why the hell did you let her die? Did you go fucking crazy when I left?"

I jumped to Stefan's defense, "It wasn't Stefan's choice to make. You were dead Damon. We never thought you were coming back so don't you dare stand there and act all high and mighty. Stefan did the best he could when faced with a terrible situation." I felt the tension rise to a dangerous amount as soon as those threatening words left my mouth.

It needed to be said regardless of what Damon's next actions were. I knew he wouldn't let Damon hurt me. It became the only thing I knew for certain in the upcoming moments.

"Ric I don't know what little flig you have going with my brother but stay the hell out of this." Damon jumped up as did Stefan. He stood in front of me like a guard, it felt good to know how much he cared for me.

Damon stood mere inches away from his brother, and I must admit a fear took hold of me, "So you're choose some one night stand over me?"

I couldn't peel my eyes away from the two brothers. They've lived for thousands of years and were now fighting over some petty human. Stefan must've felt my uneasiness and fumbled behind his back for my hand.

"I'm sorry brother. I'm so god damn sorry for allowing myself to be happy for a moment without you. You can't blame me for trying to move on." Stefan stared at Damon with strength and a newfound lust in his eyes. Though, the lust was not for blood, it was for hope.

"Well if it's going to be that way than I guess I'll just leave." If Damon was one thing, he was a man of his word.