ELEVEN |Happiness|

Stefan
He was warm and comforting but most of all he was alive. I never wanted him to leave this bed. I felt safe with a Ric and with Damon back I needed to feel that kind of security.

My lapis lazuli ring reflected off the morning sun that gently streamed through the curtains. I admired the rings beauty as I curled up closer to Ric.  Laying in bed all day next to him brought warmth and a feeling of joy into my soul. He was all I wanted and he was mine.

As I slowly brushed my fingers through Ric's hair I felt him begin to wake up, "Good morning, sleepy." I kissed Ric's cheek and felt him grin ever so slightly. He turned to face me now fully awake.

"How did you meet Ayble?" Ric took me by surprise with his question. It was only 9 in the morning, why was Ayble on his mind?

"Where did that come from?" I asked while  making sure to smile as not to sound harsh.

Ric shrugged, "I don't know I'm just curious I guess." Curiosity has the ability to get someone killed. I wanted to warn Ric to tell him to stop asking questions he didn't need to know the answer to. But I didn't want to make him run away so I entertained his curiosity.

"She was the daughter of my father's best friend, Leonardo," Ric held onto every word as I spoke, "little did we know they were a family of Vampires."

My mind raced through time back to 1602 when I first met Maybelline.

"Come, come my sons," My father called from the study, "We have a special guest." Damon and I were sat in the kitchen working on a a silly schoolbook. We glanced playfully at each other before racing to the study.

We knew our father did not wish for our childish behavior but we were best friends nonetheless, "It is an honour to meet you both, noblemen." Leonardo bowed at our feet, and while I felt rather embarrassed, my father relished in the power.

As Leonardo stood his daughter Maybelline came out from a lone standing bookshelf. She curtsied towards Damon and I's way before confessing her longstanding gratitude.

"What a pleasure to meet your acquaintances," Maybelline took pleasure in the two kisses placed on both of her hands, she flirted with her eyes as she took a step back.

Maybe it was those emerald green cat like eyes that drew me to Maybelline, or maybe it was he way she smelled like lavender from our fresh gardens. All I knew was that I wanted her, Little did I know my brother felt the same way.

—-

"So you and Damon totally fell for some random girl you just met?" Ric pulled himself upward so we were at eye level. I enjoyed the mesmerizing feeling of his eyes on mine. I felt like I was sinking into bliss.

"I suppose."

Ric turned away, as if he was ashamed of his next question, "Did you love her?" He asked solemnly. I could hear his heart racing in his chest, the blood pumping into his spirally veins.

"She never compelled my love, so yes maybe for some time before I knew who she truly was, I did love her," I sighed and kissed Ric,"That was centuries ago, my love, she means nothing to me now."

I always prided myself on telling the truth no matter how difficult the consequences may be, but today I caught myself telling a lie. It became a lie that felt heavy against my shoulders, but I knew I would have to bear it. I was beginning to feel something other than depressed, I couldn't give that up so easily.