Part 4

Frisk woke up with a pounding headache and someone calling her name. Her eyes fluttered open, taking in a cozy parlor. A fire was roaring in the fireplace, she herself lying on a couch.

Chara sat next to her, sorrow in her eyes.

"It wasn't a dream." Frisk whispered. The redhead nodded.

"Morning Frisk!"

The brunette stared at the skeleton in confusion. "Professor?"

"Yep!" Papyrus said. His glasses shone as he looked her over. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I just watched my dad die. Where am I?"

Chara smiled, standing up. "Come outside and see." Frisk glanced at her hand and took it.

-_-

They were underground.

In a camp.

Twelve cabins were in a snowy forest. Frisk was standing on the deck of a large, two story house. Chara smiled at her amazement.

"What do you get when you cross a god with a mortal?"

Frisk stared at her friend. "What?"

"That's the answer to why you're here." Chara said. She was leaning against the railing, waiting for her answer.

"A demigod." Frisk answered. Chara nodded. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"You're a demigod, Frisk."

"What?"

-_-

Papyrus was sitting next to a goat boy when the girls entered the parlor. "Frisk, sit down." The skeleton ordered. "This is going to take awhile."

Frisk nodded. "T- Take as long as you need to."

"You see, the gods of ancient Ebott mythology are real. My name is Papyrus, God of the Afterlife."

"The brother of Death." Frisk interrupted.

"Yes, G is my brother." Papyrus said. "Now, sometimes, they will have affairs with mortals and children are born. That's what's happened to every child here."

"My mom's Strife." Chara said. "Dad wasn't too happy about that."

Frisk nodded. "And who's he?" She said, pointing to the goat boy.

"Asriel." The boy said. "I'm your half brother." He offered up his hand. "I'm the son of Toriel. Just like you."