Part 7

Frisk couldn't touch her food. The camp was having its Summer Solstice feast, while three boys were dead.

Asriel had waded over to Frisk and yanked her away from the bodies. Chara and Papyrus had collected the boys and life had continued.

"You alright?"

Frisk looked up at Chara and nodded weakly. The redhead sighed. "It wasn't your fault."

"I feel like it was. They were fighting me."

"So? Maybe it was a sign from the gods." Chara said.

The campfire exploded.

Screams ran out as a figure appeared, sculpted from the flames- a huge skeleton.

"FRISK DREEMURR, SHOW YOURSELF!"

"G!" Papyrus roared, drawing a sword out of somewhere.

"Frisk, stay back!" Chara ordered.

The fire skeleton looked around. "Be a good girl. Step forward and we can talk about your father's freedom."

That did it.

Frisk ran from Chara's grasp, ignoring her yells. "My father's gone!" She yelled, walking around the campfire to face the skeleton.

He turned to face her. Was it her imagination, or did those fiery sockets soften?

"No, your father is still alive. I sent Greater Dog to abduct him. He is with me in the Underworld."

He lowered a hand, an image forming. Asgore Dreemurr, alive.

"Dad?" Frisk whispered.

"Frisk." Asgore whispered.

The image disappeared. Frisk was left brimming with rage. "What did you do to my dad?"

"Bring me the belt of Mercy if you ever want to see your father again." The God ordered. He crossed his arms and disappeared.

"Frisk!" Asriel cried, hugging her.

"Papyrus, I have to get him." Frisk said, turning to the tall skeleton.

"NO! THE SOLSTICE IS IN A WEEK. YOU AND I WILL GO TO THE KING. WE'LL BARGAIN. STAY HERE."

Frisk nodded. Papyrus walked away, not noticing determination lighting up her eyes.