Part 10

The doors to the Ruins were huge and heavy, taking the three of them to open.

Inside was dark. Chara turned a flashlight on and led the way. Soon, they reached stairs. They climbed up... and Frisk felt a rush of nostalgia.

The house was...familiar. Despite being musty, cobwebs in the corner, it was familiar. It gave off the feeling of home.

"This was Toriel's house." Chara said. Asriel took the lead, showing the ladies to a door. Frisk followed the two past a tree.

-_-

It had been quiet until they encountered the ghost.

Said ghost was lying on a pile of red leaves, saying Z rather loudly. He was pretending to sleep.

"Napstablook." Chara mumbled.

"Cousin of the god of drama, god of sadness and shyness." Asriel explained.

When Chara decided to move the god by force.

The ghost floated upwards, facing the three. "Oh, I'm in your way. Sorry." He whimpered.

The tears fell from his tears onto the three. Frisk felt a stabbing pain where one hit her shoulder.

"I'm so useless."

Frisk gave the ghost a patient smile. Napstablook looked surprised, crying some more.

She continued to cheer for him until he showed her "Dapperblook."

"I like it."

"R- Really?"

She nodded.

"You remind me of someone I used to know...a long time ago."

He disappeared.

No, I'm not putting the whole dang battle.