School

After what seemed like hours of walking, we finally arrived on schools road.

"The home stretch" Deklan yelled "FINALLY"

We started laughing saying that it would be a good place to stay for a bit as it was twelve o'clock we knew people would have been there for a while, but we weren't sure on weather they would have been affected or not. We continued walking down but we were surprised to see not many cars on the road as all the others had been filled. As we walked towards school we could see the gym and everything looked normal, but as we got closer we could see a few things stumbling around.

"How are we going to take them out" Matthew said

"Were not" I replied "were going to draw them out"

"But my speakers back at that other house still" Robert said

"I will go into the parking lot and smash up a couple of cars to sound their alarms" I said "But someone will need to go into school and close the gate behind them"

Everyone just looked at each other when Robert asked if he could smash up the cars, I told him he and Matthew both could and to smash it then run out the parking lot closing the gate behind them. They both ran into the parking lot and I told Marco and Will to stand at each gate and be ready to close it, the front gate was still open so I told the new children to close that behind me and I snuck into school and jumped up to the balcony. It was a one story school but for shade we had balconies that extended about a metre over the edge. I pulled myself up onto it and waited for the cars alarm to go off. I waited for a while and stood up, when suddenly three went of at the same time. The noise was so loud everything for miles around would be able to hear it, but it was working the school was cleared out in three seconds. I hoped Matthew and Robert got out ok. I jumped into the school street and ran to where the gate was and closed it and used the open padlock to close it, but when I turned around I saw a couple of the classrooms doors open and students walk out of all ages, I recognised some year elevens and twelves. They came out and starred at me there were some teachers as well, then my little group came in through the gate the alarms were still going off. I motioned to my group to follow me and I jogged to the shed where all our camping gear was stored, I turned the door knob but it was locked. We walked around to see if any of the windows weren't blocked and there was only one. I raised my rake up and smashed the window and cleared the shards of glass with the rake, the window was surprisingly easy to clear but then again, it was very old. I didn't realise that the parking lot wasn't fully closed off and until Matthew told me zoms were coming. I told Matthew he and Deklan were going in and to get a couple of tents and huge hiking bags the school kept. I picked them up and put them inside and quickly ran back inside the fenced off area where we had walked from.

"Stay there Deklan" I yelled "don't come out I will find a way in"

I turned around and ran to the balcony which ran throughout the school and pulled myself up onto it. I ran to the woodwork room and jumped on the roof. I hadn't realised my little group tried to follow me and when the last finally got up, I was trying to figure out a way to get into the shed as it was one metre away from the building we were on and one meter down. Will said as he was lightest he would jump onto the roof and did but the roof was more frail then we thought and he ended up going through it landing with a loud crash in the shed where Matthew was looking at tents and Deklan was checking the sizes of bags. Zoms all heard the noise and started pushing at the walls. After sitting and watching them for ten minutes one of the metal sheets started to give way and bend in on where the boys were getting bags. I jumped in and tipped everything off one of the tall shelves against the wall and grabbed the three bags Deklan had put aside, and started to climb up the shelf it was still one meter jump back to safety. I threw the bags up to my group on the roof and Matthew passed me the tents, there were nine tents in total and they were heavy. Suddenly I heard a commotion coming from all the students who were already here, they were banging on drums and shouting at the zoms. It was working, they were losing their interest in us and going to all the noise, this gave us the time we needed to get back onto the roof and tell everyone we were safe. They didn't move they just stood their, but one began walking to the school entrance. The zoms reached the huge group of people, thinking about all the food we could get, I picked up my rake and jumped back into the shed and told my group to each carry something and wait for me here. I ran to the year nine area and went for the outdoor education office, where I knew they had trangias and methylated spirits or camping stoves. I found eight of them and put them in the hiking bag I got and found a bunch of maps of surrounding areas and picked those up as well. I ran back to where my group was hiding and told them we needed a bus to fit us in.

"Do you know how to drive?" Deklan asked

"No" I replied "but how hard could it be"

"I donno" Matthew said

"Ha" My sister said "we need the keys"

I pulled some out my pocket.

"Will these do?"