Jack

One day earlier
"Rhys get your sister somewhere safe, there's something happening, but keep her safe and you stay safe ok.... I love you, I love both"

..........

"People their eating each other and then coming back from death"

"Hello... HELLO, RHYS?!"

"He's gone" Jack heard his teacher say "come on let's get out of here"

There was five of them all huddled in the cooking room at their school, students were running around outside screaming and getting back up. They all got their teachers knifes and holding two each opened the back door into the hallway there were two zoms at the end of the hallway. The metal works room was opposite and they tried to get in the teacher got their keys and put it in the door, turned it and pushed the door open. There was another teacher inside. Jack knew this was the metal works teacher. Mr Kent. Mrs Ismayy told him they were going to get away from all this.

"My car is a four-wheel-drive" Kent said

"Ok, were going to need food but it has to be in a can" Ismayy said

"Why" I asked

"It doesn't go off" one of the older boys said

"I'm scared" Kasey said

It was the first time I heard her spoke.

"It's gonna be ok" someone else said about her own age hugging her

"Let's go" Kent said

He was a big, buff man who was in his early thirties, Mrs Ismayy was big and in her mid fifties. We all followed him who had a long sharp pole and was heading towards the two zoms. He pushed the pole through ones chest but it didn't affect it.

"Go through the head" Jack said

Kent pulled it out and stabbed it in the head, it collapsed into a heap. By this time the other had heard and came towards up and again a stab to the head put it down. He continued down the hallway and into the food storage area.

"My key doesn't work" he said

"Mine does" Ismayy said

We were all following behind her, she opened the door and the six of us quickly moved into the storage area and closed the door behind us there was lots of food but only some were in tins. The oldest student with us said he knew where a bag was but he couldn't get to it by himself. Jack volunteered.

"Follow me" he said

They started walking out the storage area

"I'm not making it back alive but you are" he said

"Wait what" Jack said in shock "why not?"

"It's the only way" he said "you see that bag over there?"

"Yes" Jack answered

"Stay here and get it"

"When"

The boy walked off, and Jack waited for a couple of minutes until he heard shouting, there were at least two dozen zoms between him and the bag, but the boy managed to clean them all out. His shouting became faint and soon Jack couldn't hear him at all. There were no zoms there now and he opened the door and ran to get the bag, I grabbed it and ran back just as the door closed but it had locked.

"SSSSHHHHHHIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT" Jack yelled

"You could have just asked" Kasey said opening the door

"Thank you sooo much" Jack said

They ran back to the food storage, and Kent let them in. Ismayy and been getting all the food they could take out.

"Where's Jack?" Miss Ismayy said

"Right here" Jack said

"No" she said "the older boy his name was jack, that's his bag"

He put the bag on the floor and it did indeed say Jack on the label. He tipped the bag upside down and tipped all his books out, there weren't many but there were a lot of hair products. Once it was empty Ismayy put all the food in and then some they could eat that day. Once she was done she tried to pick it up but it was heavy, Jack offered and he could only lift it for a short period of time. Kent came over and took it off his back like it was nothing and out it on him. He opened the storage to find half a dozen zoms in the hallway two ran towards him the others stumbled he thrust the pole through its head and the other jumped landing on top of Kent suddenly a knife fell out of its back and Jack picked it up and ran at the zom. He laid on the floor beside the two dead zoms.

"Why do they run" he said

"I think it's only the new ones" she said "that was the teacher that got eaten first when I called my son, which was about eight minutes ago"

"Makes sense" Jack said

They went to the parking lot which was filled with zoms and decided that wasn't smart, but Kent gave Ismayy his keys pointed to a big black car, told her that was his and ran off. They stayed where they were until they heard a smash and a car alarm go off. All the zoms headed to the other end of the car park.

"Let's go" Ismayy said

They started walking towards the car and all got in. Ismayy turned the key and the engine turned on. She pulled out of the parking lot and picked up Kent who came running up and smashed down the wire fence, and drove towards where her husband worked. It took a long time to navigate all the cars and by the time they got their it was nearly dark. They pulled up in the parking lot and got out walking towards the door. Suddenly lights came on blinding them.

"Get your hands up" they heard "NOW"

They did as they were told and suddenly heard. "Wait" Ismayy turned around to see her husband walking out and hurrying them inside. They turned the lights off and closed the doors.

"What happened to you" Mr Ismayy said

"I tired calling you but I lost signal" his wife said "I told Rhys to keep his sister safe."