Part 6: FUCK IT UP!!!...like ladies

I felt as if I could reach out and touch the awkwardness in the air. Here we stand, shuffling our feet from side, looking around as if a conversation was not happening. Out of all of us, Jess seemed to have the biggest interest in nature.

She was either admiring the sky, the trees, or the ground while her mother was sweating as if she just finished running a marathon. I was hoping that Jess would say something ...but what?? What do you say to someone you really dont know??

"How have you been?" her mom said, her face clearly showing she was anticipating Jess's response.

"...Good"

"Oh ok, thats good....Did you see your brother?"

"...Yea"

"...Well.... I dont want to hold you girls to long.....I just wanted to speak"

"Well it was really nice to see you" I said as Jess continued to fake her fascination with nature.

As we walked away, I could tell she was bothered by that small interaction but I didn't know what to say. I don't want to make it worse than it already is.

"You ok?" I asked.
Is she ok? OF COURSE SHE'S NOT OK!!!!!! Im so dumb

"Yeah I'm alright" she stated somewhat convincingly but I am
her best friend so I can clearly tell when she's lying but I decided to leave it alone.

We hopped in the car, me on the passenger side, and turned on our favorite station. As soon as Jess turned on the radio our number 1 artist came on ( well, he's one of our number one artists) Ed Sheeran.

Photograph was playing and I dont care what anyone says. I know Ed is talking to me. It's like every song he makes relate specifically to me. P.S I know he wants me

"SO YOU CAN KEEP ME INSIDE THE POCKET OF YOUR RIPPED JEANS!!!!!! IT'S YOUR PART JESS!!!!!"

Right beside me, my bestfriend is bawling. This is the first time I notice that we're pulled over on the side of the road. My fist instinct is to jump out of my seat and hold her, so that's what I do.

"Jess, Please talk to me"

"What do you want me to say?!?!"

"Just tell me what's wrong"

" I dont know whats wrong?!?! Im just....UGGHH!!!" she yells, while striking the steering wheel frantically. "IM SO SICK OF THIS!!?!? SHE THINKS SHE CAN JUST WALK UP TO ME AS IF SHE'S BEEN HERE ALL ALONG!?!?

LIKE SHE'S THE PERFECT MOTHER? YOU KNOW WHAT? I SHOULD HAVE LET HER HAVE IT, SHOULD HAVE CUSSED HER OUT AND ALL. AND IF SHE DIDNT LIKE IT???...oh well"

"STOP!!!! You're not making it any better. Ok, so you saw her and maybe you didnt want to but you did. I had no idea how you were going to act. I had 911, 611, and any other 11 I could think of on speed dial but you proved me wrong. You stood there like a proud african-american woman and you handled the situation like a grown woman would."

"... Yea but I feel like I failed myself because I didnt stand up for myself or tell her how I feel."

" ...So....to stand up for yourself, you have to scream, shout, and fight? NO!!! Thats what people expect from black women!!!! We are known as loud, obnoxious, ratchet hoes who let anyone or anything talk or treat us any kind of way. Dont be another statistic!!!!!!! BE DIFFERENT!!! There are literally a handful of african- american women doing what we are doing. They are depending on us. You wanna let them down?!?!!?"

"OK!!!! OK!!!!! I HEAR YOU T.D JAKES, DAMN!!!!!" she said with her spirits lifted.

"So you ready to go fuck some shit up.... like ladies?!?!!?" I said with a light giggle and smile

"Hell yeah!!!!!"

Y'all just can't get enough of me can you?😂 Thats good, because I do miss you guys too. How did you guys feel about Briana's speech?🙊 Did you feel empowered?💀 COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW HOW FEEL ABOUT THIS CHAOTER AND THIS BOOK IN GENERAL!!!!!! I hope you all are enjoying the frequent updates. DONT FORGET TO LIKE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME!!!!💕💕💕Love you guys😍😍