Part 18: Ranch Taquitos

The exaggerated smell of hand sanitizer and cleaning products took over my immune system. It was hard to breath. I could feel my breathing getting more and more shallow as I tried to "catch" my breath. Murmuring and the sounds of  heartbreaking cries fill the halls and the rooms, including the one in which I rested my head. I was uncomfortable. I twisted and I turned. I laid on my back, my stomach, my side. Immense pressure  on my abdomen and it was dark. Too dark. 

"Hi Briana! How are you feeling?" A feminine voice said with a little too much cheer

Fine I guess

"Today how do feel about opening those eyes? You think we can do it today?"

Girl what?!? I can't open my eyes?? What type of hospital is this?

" Let's just kinda see where we are today. You just squeeze if you can hear me. OK?" The voice says as I feel a warm presence approach my hand         
I...I can't. I can't move. I can't talk. I can't squeeze. I can't even open my eyes.The only thing I can do is lay here.

"OK. It's okay. Maybe we're not ready for that just yet..."

NURSE JACKIE PLEASE REPORT TO THE FRONT OFFICE! I REPEAT NURSE JACKIE PLEASE REPORT TO THE FRONT OFFICE!

"Well, duty calls hun. If you need me, just press this button right here and I'll be here before you can say ranch taquitos" The woman stated with a southern drag to her voice as she placed my pointer finger upon the button. Her presence was calming. Any presence is calming at this point.

I have no idea where I am. I can't see. I can barely feel. The only thing I can do is listen...Listen to the sound of warying cries in the hall. Desperation fading throughout the facility like a thick cloud on a humid afternoon. Thousands of questions run through my mind with no answer in sight. Where is Jason? Does he know where I am? Is he worried? Does he care? What about Jess? Is she ok? Does she know?

I try to calm down but I can't. Jason and Jess are the only thing on my mind. They are everything to me. Why did it take me so long to realize that?

Jason? I.....I....I like him. He is there for me when no one else is. He is patient and understands that I am just not ready to be on such an intimate level. It takes time yet he is still willing to stand by my side. I just....I can't give him all of me just yet.

Jess? She is my rock. We have been through hell and hot water together. I can not even begin to imagine a future without her in it. It's true. She does fucked up things sometimes but nothing can change the way I feel about her. Whether it's up close or from a distance, I will always love her.

Love.

What even is love?

A sharp pain runs through my chest and my breathing becomes barely existent. I can't stabilize it.

Calm down Bri, Just calm down.

I can't! I can't breathe!

HELP!!! HELP!!!! PLEASE!!

I try to yell, but my screams are unheard. I felt as though I was yelling from the deepest part of me but realistically nothing was being said. Therefore, nothing was being heard. My breaths are becoming more and more staggered. I can't find the button! Where's the button!?! I try to lift my finger up enough to reach the button, just as Nurse Jackie taught me, but I barely have feeling in my hands.

I can't.

I can't.

I can't breathe. I can't feel. I can't love. I give up. Just let me go. I'm tired.

I'm done.
Jason.......I love you. I'm sorry.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jason:

Baby, are you OK?!?"

"Bri?!?!"

"Get up! This is not funny!!! Please!"

"NURSE!!!!! SOMEBODY!!!! COME HELP HER!!!!"

"WHAT TYPE OF FUCKING HOSPITAL IS THIS?!?!?! COME HELP THIS DAMN PATIENT!!!!!!!!"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Jess:

What's wrong with her? Is she ok? Is she gonna make it? Please tell me something!!! I can't keep fucking sitting here....waiting on....I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT WE'RE WAITING ON BECAUSE NO ONE WILL TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!!"

"I would hate to have to tear this damn hospital up so I suggest you give me some answers right now!!!"

Authors Note:  I think it would be best to put myself on a schedule so that my updates won't be so random. I'll update 2 -3 days out of every week. You guys tell me how you feel about that😆and also let me know in the comments:
•what do you think will happen next?
•will she survive?
•will she die?
•will she tell Jason how she feels?
•will​ she make up with Jess or will they go their separate ways?
LET ME KNOW!!😁
I want to know your thoughts😀
I love you guys so much😘😘😘😘
Stay Beautiful😍